Saturday, February 16, 2013

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge {Reel Great!}


Two posts in one night! Wheee! I actually stayed at work until 6:45pm, purging my classroom of paper and stuff that I have been carrying around for at least 5 years! It felt so good, like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders! As a reward for my clean classroom, I decided tonight I would stamp my heart out...and so here we are...Card #2.


I was intrigued by the unusual sketch at Paper Smooches! The sketch was so different for me and I didn't know where to start!! I have 2 Paper Smooches sets (so far) and the one I picked up this Christmas in San Diego is a masculine set called MY GUY that has proven to be VERY useful! 


I used some My Mind's Eye Designer Paper called Portobello Road (I love this 6x6 pack!). I embossed the gray paper with my woodgrain embossing folder that I have had for a million years, I think it was one of my original purchases when I began stamping! The red pattern paper is an old piece of SU! scrap and the fish is cut out of the silver paper and paper pieced...and popped up on a dimensional. My father in-law is a great fisherman and I know he will love this card for Father's Day! I am really happy with how this turned out...I would love to know what you think!!

    

I am also playing along with the Brown Sugar Challenge Blog-Red, White, Gray
CASology-RED-I used red as my accent to make the sentiment stand out and to accent my design
CAS-ual Fridays-Black and White plus 1-I used red as my accent (I do have gray as a neutral...not sure if that is ok?

21 comments:

  1. I really like this one Lesley... you've created reelly cool shapes ;-) with the rod and done a great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I just picked this set up too...and I love it. So great for the guys in my life. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set worked for this sketch perfectly! What a great card for a fisherman! Reely great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie this is such a fantastic card for a Dad! Love the images. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cute, Lesley!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun dad card and great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about your card! The colors, embossing, and stamping are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! Love your masculine take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this card Lesley - from the woodgrain embossing to the cute fish and sentiment - it's just perfect! My hubby would love this card as he's a fisherman too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me smile :) Great masculine card! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a FUN card, Lesley! Love those sweet images! I need to find my PS stamps! Today! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo! This is a perfect masculine card...the colors, the images, the fabulous textured background! I'm loving this!! :)
    It's so great to see you at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huge Congrats on your PS Featured Player Runner up Lesley :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card.. thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)