Friday, January 18, 2013

Deconstructed Sketch #85 {All You Need Is Love and lots of Pebbles Paper!}


Playing with new goodies is always fun especially when you HAVE to have them, because a fellow blogger has used them and has made you NEED them! Let me share the blogger's photo...

"The Enabler"

I happen to live close by to a stamper who I admire! She is also a teacher and we met for the first time in the Fall quite by chance! We were both at the same professional development day and I happened to win a door prize. The announcer called my name in a gym full of 300 people. So up I went to get my prize and when I got back to my seat, there was this smiling gal, looking at me as if she knew me! Well it took me not even a minute when she said "Hi Lesley, I am Laurel"! I couldn't believe it!!! Laurel Seabrook! There she was! Ha! We had a good chat and again, I thought how wonderful the blogging and the card making community can be!

sketch85

Fast forward to Jen's fun sketch and immediately I KNEW I needed to use some Paper I had seen on Laurel's blog right before Christmas...it is from Pebbles and I LOVED it! I bought the 6 x 6 paper pad of Seen and Noted because of Laurel and I am so excited to use it today on my graphic Valentine card! 

Stamps: Hero Arts
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Papers: Pebbles {Seen and Noted}, Flourishes White CS, Basic Black {SU!}
Extras: Butterfly Punch {SU!}, Pearls

Laurel is coming to see the show I directed! I have been working on the musical Oklahoma since October. I am looking forward to connecting with her again! Thank you for sharing your love of Pebbles paper Laurel...I can see how wonderful it is to work with!! 

Other challenges:
Hero Arts-January Challenge: Create a NEW stamped project based on any of the following…Try Something New — A new year is the perfect time to try something new! A new technique, new color combination, new stamp, new inkpad, new embellishment…anything new to YOU!

There She Goes-Love is in the Air Theme


9 comments:

  1. (((blushing))) you are so sweet Lesley! I am so happy to have met you and can't wait to see the show! Love your card and so glad I could enable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty paper and a wonderful stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that must have been s fun accidental meeting :) Love this card, oh my goodness ...all those tiny hearts look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to meet up with someone!!

    Love this! Those bold patterns and that butterfly...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun meeting someone you know on-line. Love your card - the papers, colors and design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. How COOL that you got to meet Lauren! And what a cool card this is! I love the fun mix of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. love the graphic look and the papers are fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB story & FAB card Lesley - Laurel is a great enabler :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a FUN, fun story, Lesley! It had to have been a wonderful day when you and Laurel got to meet in person, finally!!! Adorable card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)