Sunday, January 31, 2016

Inspired by All the Little Things {Spotlight on Lee Ann Barrett}

So I have decided to start a weekly segment on my blog called "Inspired by...All the Little Things". We are on Week 2 already! It will be a Sunday feature and it will post at no specific time...as it is all about inspiration! Maybe as the week's go on, I will nail down a specific time! Ha! I have always wanted to highlight and celebrate other designers. There are so many who really inspire me!!! And so this week I have my first Guest!
Today's inspiration is one of my favourite things; flowers! Bright, sunshiny and happy!  


I asked my friend Lee Ann Barrett to design a card today based on the inspiration! Just look at the stunning card she created! I was awestruck when I saw it!!! She is SUCH an inspiration to me!


 I asked her to share a bit about herself...

What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
The name of my blog is Greyt Paper Crafts.  The 'grey' part of it is in honor of my grey hound, Bella.  I started card making for Operation Write Home and started my blog so that I could participate in their blog hops and challenges. 

What is your style of card making?
My style of card making is ever changing.  I've tried everything and can tell you what I a not- shabby chic!  I lean towards clean but not too cutesy.  I like CAS but it does not come easy to me. I have been on a coloring kick lately. Some have described my card making as elegant, but lately I am staying away from a lot of layers and fru fru.  :)  After making countless cards with layers, swirls flowers at the like, it is my goal to make cards that are mailable!

Who inspires you as a designer?
I have been greatly inspired my Iwona Palamountain, but sadly, she is not blogging anymore.  Recently, I have been inspired by the amazing Kim Wiener (blog- Wienerhoneymooners ) and Cornelia Wenokor (blog- Stempel Spass).  If you haven't seen these ladies' creative works, check them out! 

What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
No one specific thing inspires me; sometimes it is colors, sometimes it is a sketch.  Usually, I put images and elements down and move things around until I get something I like.  Not very glamorous is it?!  :)

Share something about yourself we may not know?
I worked in the operating room, specializing in neurosurgery.  

Thank you so much, Lee Ann for being my first guest at Inspired by All the Little Things! You have inspired me so much!!! Are you inspired by Lee Ann or the inspiration photo? Come and share a card or project if you make one using the photo. We would love to see your work! The linky will be open for the next two months.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your amazing self, Lesley! You have a beautiful heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FABULOUS is this! You BOTH inspire me weekly! Thank you! I long to be as creative as both of you! Lee Ann, your card is just lovely! It makes me long for warmer days! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, gorgeous card Lee Ann! sure hope I can find time to play along with your challenge Lesley!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU and Lesley inspire ME!! Lovely cards and inspiration !! What a wonderful designer showcase!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)