Sunday, October 23, 2011

Paper Players #69 {Shabby Birthday}

Sunday already! Wow! This week at the Paper Players, the lovely Nance has challenged us with a gorgeous sketch!  Her sketch had me inspired right away and I decided to continue with the shabby, vintage style I have been exploring.  I made THIS CARD yesterday in the shabby vintage style too.

Pool Party is one of the new "In Colours" from Stampin' Up and I thought it would like pretty on my roses from "Elements of Style".  So I inked them up with my Pool Party Marker. Then I inked the leaves in another new In Colour called "Lucky Limeade".  The Designer Paper is from the In Colour Designer Paper Pack.  I inked the edges with my Soft Suede ink and a sponge.  For some reason, I am really loving butterflies and so out came the Beautiful Wings embosslit die again.  I added some pearls as accents.

We hope that you will join the Paper Players Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Lesley! I am loving your exploration of vintage/shabby chic! Maybe you need a new challenge blog for that style! :o) You are so good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too shabby this new shabby look of yours :) This is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I like shabby/vintage/distressed stuff---love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, gorgeous take on the sketch. I love the pool party with black. Stunning card!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is stunning, I love the DP. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunning card, Lesley. The shabby vintage look is fabulous with the music and those butterflies. I love all the black accents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous take on my sketch Lesley--I'm so happy that it inspired you! Your stamping and coloring is beautiful here and I love the black accents and butterflies. It just makes the whole design pop! Lovely card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, Lesley! Butterflies, shabby-vintage, and pearls...It doesn't get any better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and love the Shabby/vintage look. TFS
    ~Louise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color of this card! Beautiful! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup, so I completely just bought this stamp set because of you! Lol!! Every time you use it, you inspire me. Gorgeous color combo with the perfect match of detailing. SO good to chat with you tonight, btw! Sending you a BIG hug, eh? (hee hee, I HAD to throw that in!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley so pretty! Love the colors and I'm waiting for my box today to get that music script. So cool. Your butterflies are gorgeous and love the shabby/vintage too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absoluely Beautiful ~ may I CASE this card Lesley, I love vintage/shabby and haven't quite mastered this on my own! TFS and have a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Really pretty, and quite different for you, isn't it? I love the vintage look. You might just persuade me to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The black just makes this whole theme work beautifully. I wish I could master shabby chic like you have here! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lesley, This card is so beautiful! I love how you turned the sketch on the side and your color scheme is just fantastic. The black butterflies are the perfect touch to this amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lesley - this is beautiful, I love this shabby vintage chic look. The black and blue really pops especially with that hint of vanilla.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)