Saturday, March 12, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge #194

It's official!  Spring Break is here!  I have two weeks to spend on stamping and creating.  I also need to do some spring cleaning both at home and in my classroom.  I am excited about all the things I hope to accomplish!
My card today is one that I created this morning.  Last night I found the new Stamping 411 Sketch and throughout the night, my brain was whirling with ideas!  I decided to think "outside the box" and created a card that used my punches.  I still had some Poppy Parade Cardstock and some Basic Black pieces left on my craft table, so I went to work.

Here is what I created:


I created my own Paper Lanterns with little white flowers.  The lanterns are created using the 1 1/4" circle punch, then I used my crimper to make them look more like Paper Lanterns.  The little flowers are created with the Itty Bitty Punches...love 'em!  I used the scallop ribbon punch to add a strip of black to the bottom of the card.  The "Just for You" sentiment is from the hostess level 1 set called "Afterthoughts".

Thanks for stopping by!


All supplies are Stampin' Up:
Stamps: Afterthoughts (Hostess Level 1)
Inks: Basic Black
Paper: Poppy Parade, Basic Black and Whisper White
Tools: 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Crimper, Linen Thread, Ribbon Punch, Bitty Punch Pack, Jewels

18 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!! Love those little lanterns and how you created them. You're so very talented!
    Beautiful card!
    Have fun on your Spring Break!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute!!! I love this idea. Both if my girls have paper latterns in their rooms as decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't just think outside the box--you BLEW it open! The lanterns are fab, fab, fabulous!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't even see that box! This is so creative - and pretty! Love every single thing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative idea on how to use punches!! LOVE IT. This is a beautiful card. GREAT JOB!!
    txjennywren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a winning idea, Leslie! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo cute! Those lanterns are so perfect I thought they were stroe bought! Well done.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo cute!!! I love how you made your little lanterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...1. I am SO jealous that you've got two weeks of fun coming up, and 2. this is SO clever!! Love the paper lanterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so clever of you. I love, love, love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the black and white with the pop of red lanterns.
    Enjoy your Spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is AWESOME! This reminds me of summer time parties and WARM WEATHER! :D Happy Spring GF! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lesley, love the little lanterns! A really creative take on the sketch. Fabulous!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your paper lanterns. They remind me of summer parties! Can't wait for the warm weather to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lesley, I just popped over to Stampin' 411 to see their sketch this week and I saw your photo in the thumbnail. How did I miss this one? Beyond fabulous! I love how you created the lanterns. Awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is truly amazing!! Love how you made the lanterns!! A winner in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE how you used this sketch on your card! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)