Friday, May 28, 2010

Stamp-A-Holics #124 and Sketch'n'Colour #13

Hooray it is another week of the Stamp-A-Holics Challenge!!  This week we were given an awesome sketch by design team member Cynthia!  I love her clever sketch, it is open ended and so fun to play with!  Remember to play along we have three rules...

A card must be completed in 10 minutes
A scrapbook page in 20 minutes
A 3D item in 30 minutes

 
As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew that I had to use my new "Punched Posies" set from the Mini Summer Catalogue, it is the Hostess Level 2 set!  I also found a new challenge blog called "Sketch'n'Colour" and was intrigued by their great colour challenge this week!  So I decided to make a card!
Mr. Snappy, our phone and my watch dog for time, is all set at 7:05pm!  Mr. Snappy had to be convinced to play this week as I beat him last week...needless to say, it was difficult to get him to play!
I wanted to make a CAS (Clean and Simple) card! I cut all of my paper and had my inks ready to go, that took about 2 minutes!  Or so I thought!  My paper dimensions are: Pale Plum (A2 Size), Elegant Eggplant (3.75" x 5") and White (3.5" x 4.75").  Really simple!
And here is the finished product!  It took me a few stamping tries to get the flowers and the sentiment right where I wanted them!
But I am happy with the result...it was so out of my comfort zone to stamp the sentiment "askew" like this and directly onto the card front!
And here is Mr. Snappy looking SMUG!  I took 29 minutes to make this card! In my defense, I did have a quick phone call!!!  LOL! 
Thanks for stopping by! It is now YOUR turn to play along.  Please visit Carole'Anne's blog to link up your creation and be sure to visit the other DT member's projects!

Supplies:
Stamps: Punches Posies, Charming, Favourite Thoughts
Paper: Whisper White, Pale Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: So Saffron, Old Olive, Basic Black, Pale Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Extras: Clear Blocks A, C, E, H
Supplies: Elegant Eggplant 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon

12 comments:

  1. Great card, Lesley. Isn't it amazing how little we get done in 10 minutes sometimes?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation of the sketch. This is a lovely card and I love the sentiment you chose.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Lesley!!! Fabulous job with these colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just been pointed in your direction by the lovely Corie - it's always great to discover a new and wonderful blog, so I guess I should say a big thank you to Corie!!! Love this card, and I like the way you use clean, simple, elegant layouts - your cards are beautiful.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beauty this card is, love it and worth all 29 minutes, tee hee....great interpretation of the challenge sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Lesley. Isn't it amazing how quickly those 10 min. go?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wondeful design you have created for this sketch. I love the clean simple idea
    I totally struggle with this idea.
    I really admire your skill
    thank you for bring such an amazing part of our team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card. I did a trade with another Demo and have this set on it's way!!! Can't wait to ink it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lesley,
    I love your card! And I'm SO jealous that you got to go play with Sandi last weekend! It looked like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 10 minutes...what is it in the grand scheme of things...Beautiful card...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just darlin'. I love thos flowers. Thanks for joining us at Sketch'n'Color. hugs Nadia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)