Monday, November 4, 2013

Merry Monday Christmas Card Club and meet November's Featured Designer!

Monday is here and with it comes a brand new Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge
We are also excited to welcome our Featured Designer for November, Linda Callahan!

[nashville+212-1.JPG]

Linda is a dear friend of mine. She is on my Freshly Made Sketches Design Team and she designs for Pals Paper Arts! Not only a talented designer, Linda is a retired school teacher (34 years) and a proud grandma! I am so happy to have her with us this month! Welcome, Linda.

This week we have a colour combo with a twist! 

We are looking for a Christmas card 
with Red, Aqua, White and Circles!!!

I decided to play along with the current Freshly Made Sketch, designed by Rita and the "critter" theme from Jaydee at the Paper Players! This was just the inspiration I needed for my new Purple Onion Designs stamps I wanted to ink up! 


I used my Stampin' Up circle punches to create some "homes" for my little animals. I had so much fun colouring them with my Copics. I used a little heart, to stamp the sentiment and accent it with a small wooden snowflake.

I used the Purple Onion Designs stamps called Icicle, Snowy and Filbert. 
You can find them HERE.

{Supplies Used}
Stamps: Purple Onion Designs
Inks: Memento Black and Copics
Papers: MME, Kraft, Real Red, White and Pool Party
Extras: Twine, Wood Snowflake, Heart Dies

How to play with the Merry Monday Christmas Card Club:

1. Each week there will be a brand new challenge posted on Monday at 5am (PST).
2. The challenge will be either a theme, an inspiration photo, a sketch or a colour combo.
3. Each participant is encouraged to comment on 3 cards in the Gallery. (Who doesn't love comments!)
4. Have fun!
5. Follow the weekly challenge closely.


Welcome to our Guest Designer this week, Susan!! She won our challenge a couple of weeks ago! Would you like to be a Guest Designer? Be sure to play along, as our weekly winner is our next Guest Designer! Let's see what the team has created for the challenge!


Linda Callahan




28 comments:

  1. Oh Lesley, I love your sweet card. The images are so adorable. Great way to combine the challenges also.
    Beautiful cards by the designers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Lesley, your card has got to be the cutest with the perfectly colored animals and the neat sketch you used! Love the colors this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is as cute as can be! And when I grow up I hope to be able to color like you! Thanks for inviting me to join this terrific group this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I love all the cards on the design team! Lesley your card is adorable and my cart is filling up over at the Purple Onion! Love those cute little guys you have framed in the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Leslie you card with the little animals is beyond CUTE!! That is just adorable!! Popped in to see what was up for Merry Monday this morning. Hoping to find time to play along this week. Love what the design team has done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A favourite colour combination of mine Lesley and what a lot of gorgeous inspiration from the DT! I like the layout of your sweet card with those cute little animals in their winter woollies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card, Lesley! Those little penguins are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Lesley! Wow! I love those little critters! Great colouring!!! The scalloped heart is perfect! Just warms my heart!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice!! Linda is a doll and does great work. Love the insp. pic. Hoping to get some time to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, this is the cutest ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. seriously. cutest card ever Lesley!

    Love all the DT's cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the red-and-blue colour combination instead of the traditional red-and-green. It looks more refreshing and modern too. And great copic work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is just too cute, Lesley! Love your little animals in their little homes! Wonderful job of adding color to them with your Copics too! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those adorable animals, Lesley - and the way you incorporated the colours into their hats. Thanks so much for having me as a Guest Designer this week - it was quite an honour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is definitely one gorgeous card, Lesley. Those little critters are just way too cute. Great job combining challenges too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are always so classy Lesley. You have used these cute images so beautifully in the design of this card and you have coloured them to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lesley, your card is adorable, and the other ladies on the DT did a wonderful job, too. Great inspiration, and I love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all the cutest cards, I love these colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lesley, your critters are adorable and I love your card. These are super colors together. All the DT cards are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved the challenge this week so much!! My very fave holiday color combo!!
    :)) The DT cards are all amazing!!! I'll be CASE-ing a ton of them for this upcoming season!!
    Great inspiration, ladies!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lesley, your card is so sweet!! Love those adorable images and the design of your card. Thanks for doing these Merry Monday challenges. Even though I don't always get to play along, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such adorable creatures and love how you added them as a trio!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay, I'm so glad you joined us this week Lesley! This is an uber-adorable card. Love those critters and your coloring is fantastic. The baker's twine is fabulous--the black really pops. It's all just too cute! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous challenge! I love the colors and the extra challenge of the circles thrown in! It's great to have Linda as FS! Your card is just adorable, Lesley, and the whole DT outdid themselves!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lesley, so glad to see playing along with us at The Paper Players! This card is cute, cute, cute! Love the adorable images, and what a superb job combining the challenges. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these bright happy colors together! Thanks for always putting together such fun challenges. Lesley, your card tickles!
    Beautiful cards from all the designers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such and adorable card Lesley, the images are so cute and I love this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your little creature critters Lesley, such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)