Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Paper Issues, Ribbon Carousel, CAS-ual Fridays {Get Your Thong ON}

To see my Gallery Idol Post and Card, please CLICK HERE.


Good morning stamping friends!!! I am excited to share a clean and simple card I made last night. It is my turn to be up on the Paper Issues blog, and I would love if you stopped by for a visit!!


I got inky and played along with some of my favourite challenges!!! I was inspired to make a summer card, because over at the Ribbon Carousel, they are looking for a summer themed project!! So that got me thinking about summer, and the fact that many of my teacher friends, including myself, will be celebrating the summer break very soon! Congratulations, teachers!




cfc103

So I played along with the Cas-ual Fridays Crew again-creating a Congratulations card and I am also playing along with There She Goes Challenge, hosted by Kim O'Connell. She is asking for a CAS card. To create my stamped background, I placed all the "thongs" on my big, clear block and inked them up all at once...to create a background stamp of sorts. (My clear block is pretty dirty...think it needs a bath!)


Supplies Used:
Stamps: There She Goes & Hero Arts
Inks: Poppy Parade, Black
Papers: Doodlebug Fruit Stand, Poppy Parade, White
Extras: Twine

16 comments:

  1. CONGRATS ON YOUR GALLERY IDOL TOP 20 SPOT!!!! Can't wait to see how far you get with your precious buckeroo!!! :0 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL That wasn't the thong I was expecting. ;) Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card. Great idea for a background, and I love your little rainbow strip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! Don't know if I am ready to get "my thong on". LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super bright, fun, colorful and HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun & great CAS card, Lesley! Thank you for playing along with us at TSG. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog title intrigued me but I wasn't expecting what they now call flip flops. lol Great CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should take your block swimming with your thongs! Fantastic card, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the subtle stamping on the background. super sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Have to agree with Casandra, not the thong I was thinking of, so glad to see your flip flop thongs instead!! :)
    Wonderfully fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! I love the subtle background you stamped! Thanks for joining in us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha! The sentiment cracks me up. The flip flops in the background are cool, and I like the strip of fun patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great entry, Lesley! Too funny. And, best of luck to you tomorrow! Thanks for joining the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I beg your pardon! This choked me up for a second. I had forgotten that we called them thongs were I grew up. For the last 40 years where I live now, everyone calls them flip-flops. Your card is brilliant, Lesley, simply fun and simply brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the bit of rainbow paper peeking out! Such a cheerful card! Thanks for playing along with this week's There She Goes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the tone-on-tone thongs and vibrant strip of striped DP along the left side of the card - what an impact! Thanks for playing along with TSG Lesley - hope you will join us for a new challenge tomorrow! And thanks for making us look so good with your lovely Gallery Idol competition cards - GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)