Monday, March 7, 2011

PPA83 ~ Vintage CAS


All day I have had this card in my head! I was excited to ink up my new stamp set called "Nature Walk" that I received for attending the SU! Regionals!  I have been waiting patiently to get and use this set and it does not disappoint! 


The Pals Paper Arts has a beautiful colour combo challenge on this week!!  My Paper Players DT "Pal" Ann Schach is on the Pals Paper Arts Team and Nance Leedy, another Paper Players "Pal" was the Guest Designer Pal over at Pals Paper Arts!! LOL!  Man, that was a mouthful!!!  Hehehe!  So I had to play along to support them both!!! 



Here is how I created my card:
  1. The card base was created to be an A2 Sixe (4 1/4" x 5 1"2) and made out of Naturals Ivory Cardstock
  2. The first layer is a piece of 4"x 4 3/4" piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock that I sponged with Soft Suede Ink and embossed with my Texturzed Plate.  Then I cut a small piece of Soft Suede Cardstock and punched it with the Scallop Edge Punch and added that to one end of the card.
  3. Then I cut two 3"x 3" squares-one in Baja Breeze and one in Naturals Ivory
  4. I sponged both pieces with Soft Suede Ink and then stamped my images in Soft Suede Ink.  I coloured the little flowers with a blender pen and some Baja Breeze Ink. I used my crimper on the Baja Breeze piece.
  5. The sentiment comes from the "Because I Care" Hostess Level 1 set in the Main Catalogue
  6. I inked it up in Suede on a half piece of Naturals Ivory, punched out with the Designer Label Punch
  7. To add to the natural feel of the card, I added some Linen Thread, tying it around the entire card twice and then making a bow with the excess strands.

I also added some stamping to the inside of the card, to finish it off.  Now I have a Thank you card all ready to go!!  There is still some time to join in on the challenge at the Pals Paper Arts!  Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions, please visit my profile at the top of the page and email me. Or leave me a comment!! I would love to hear from you!

Smiles,
Lesley

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous girl! CAS vintage - now you are talkin' my language :) Love the twiney stuff and the teeny pearl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty----fav colors, fav set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley, isn't it wonderful when what you have going around in your head looks this good in execution! Gorgeous. Love the sentiment on the side, too!
    Fabulous job!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! Great job using the PPA colors! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving it :) The colors, layout, layers...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous, Lesley! I love all of the vintage touches, including the linen thread and of course, the pearl! Thank you so much for visiting my other Pals at the PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have a wonderful imagination and nailed this challenge with it! Great card Lesley! Lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Lesley! I LOVE this layout--future PP sketch challenge maybe?? Love the sideways stamping of the leaves--fantastic! And the blog header is lovely--good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)