Sunday, March 27, 2011

Paper Players Challenge #40-Sketch by Nance and Blog Candy Winner

What a terrific week!  As you probably noticed, I have been playing with My Digital Studio and designed a brand new blog banner and created the new background too!  It is SO much fun!!!!  And I am very excited to post my first Card Tutorial for sale!  It has been well received!  Thank you to Cathy, Trudy, LeAnne, AM and Sandi for encouraging me to make my tutorial available to others!

This week at the Paper Players, Nance has provided us with a terrific sketch that can be dressed up or kept simple!  I decided to land somewhere in the middle of those two choices, coming up with a card that was easy to make and has some "extras" on it.

Here is the sketch!


And here is the card I created for it!  I always need more birthday cards!! Can you see that I embossed the top of the cupcake...so fun!!! And I just love the colour Melon Mambo!


Now, to announce my Blog Candy Winner!  A big thank you to everyone who shared their favourite type of challenge with me!  The randomly selected winner is...Tania!
Tania said:
I like sketches. It can be nice to have a theme, as Jan says, to help with stamp decisions, but sometimes I want the freedom to just choose a set on my own based on my personal card making needs.

Congratulations Tania!  Please send me your mailing address and I will get your candy out to you right away.  My email is located at the top of my blog. :D

Thank you for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Paper Players Blog to see the design inspiration and to upload your own creation!

Smiles,
Lesley

Click here to shop 24/7!

All supplies are Stampin' Up:
Stamps: Something to Celebrate
Inks: Melon Mambo
Paper: Bright Collection DSP Pack, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Tools: Big Shot, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Copcake Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch

6 comments:

  1. Lesley, I love your bright and happy card! I really like how the Melon Mambo pops off the black background...and cupcakes? How can you go wrong with cupcakes? Love it! :)

    Big congrats on your tutorial, also! Such a great class you are sharing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Lesley fabulous bday creation, great colors!!! SOOO much fun! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors you used! Perfect for a birthday card and would definitely bring lots of cheer to the birthday honoree. Love the embossed cupcake - what a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossed icing, Lesley! Such a bright and cheery card! A perfect birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, this card is so bright and summery. The cupcake in strawberry frosting looks yummy enough to eat! Love it!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy card Lesley! I, too, love the embossed frosting--such a great detail that just pops! Love the black accents too. Congrats on your tutorial--way to go! Hugs, N.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)