Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pals Paper Arts ~ A Sketch


The Pretty Pals have a great sketch going on this week!  I looked at it and decided I would try to create a more "whimsical" card!  I don't usually make many of those, so I decided to really try something new. 

This stamp set is a great Sale-A-Bration set called "Funky Four".  It is from the main Catalogue.  I just received the Funky Four set FREE! I love Sale-A-Bration!! 
How I made my card:

  • I inked up the fun little tree stamp with my markers and huffed it!! 
  • I used my Bitty Punch Pack to make a small blossom to put on the tree with a pearl of course! 
  • The sentiment comes from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set!! 
  • My paper is a mixture of Jolly Holiday and Sunny Garden Designer Paper! 
  • I used the crimper to create some grass and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch to add a punch of colour under my grass. 
  • To focus in on the tree, I used my Mats Pack and Paper Piercer and did some small paper piercing around the edges of my main panel.
  • The tree top is stamped twice, cut out and popped up for some dimension

Hope you get the chance to play along with the Pals Paper Arts this week!!  Only 13 days left of Sale-A-Bration!

Thanks for stopping by!

All supplies are Stampin' Up:
Stamps: Funky Four, Fabulous Phrases
Inks: Poppy Parade, Old Olive (Markers and Ink Pads)
Paper: Sunny Garden DSP, Jolly Holiday DSP, Old Olive, Whisper White
Tools and Embellishments: 1 1'4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Bitty Punch Pack, Mats Pack and Paper Piercer, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, Crimper, Pearls

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Love the color combo, works perfect with the stamp set! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a little whimsey :) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Lesley, colours are great!
    Dani xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, I love everything about this one! Bright, fun and happy! Great job!! :) I just don't think you can ever go wrong with that Sunny Garden DSP. It's my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stamp set. A wonderful and fun card! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this card is bright and adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)