Monday, May 10, 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge #16

**Just a reminder that I am offering BLOG CANDY...please see my post HERE for all details!**
Yesterday I was blog surfing and I came across this delightful blog called "Just Add Ink" and they have a Colour Challenge this week!  I love Colour Challenges!  So I decided to play along.  Here are the colours they asked for!

I inked up my new favourite set, "Watercolour Trio" and a retired stamp called "Weathered".  I need to get the "Sanded" BG stamp as it is similiar!  I inked the flowers in Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red and Pretty in Pink.  I had no Suede paper or ink (it is on my next order) and so I subbed in Close to Cocoa and Kraft.  I used the Saffron as an "aging" tool and sponged the yellow across the main panel...adding an antique look.  I also wrapped some hemp twine around the side of the card.
This was my last piece of Ruby Red and I am so sad to see it being retired.  I am hoping to get another couple of packs before it is gone forever!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles, Lesley :)

5 comments:

  1. WOW Lesley this turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE your use of these colors~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lesley this is gorgeous and thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.
    Thanks for linking me over in your sidebar must do the same! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I have my eye on this beautiful stamp set. I hope it comes our way! I love the combination of the weathered background stamp and Watercolour Trio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Lesley - LOVE it! You've got the balance of colours just right. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love the antique look you've got going. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)