Friday, May 14, 2010

Stamp-A-Holics Challenge #122-3D Project

Thank you for dropping by my blog! For our current Stamp-A-Holics Challenge we are challenging you to create a 3D Item. There is only one catch! The 3D Item must be completed in 30 minutes!  I timed myself at 32 minutes tonight!  I wanted to try my Charming Set with some fun, bold colours!  I followed the directions found HERE for the 3D Hanging Treat Box on Splitcoast Stampers! It hangs on a Wine Bottle and it gets filled with goodies!
Here is Mr. Snappy...all ready to go!  It is 10:01pm...on Thursday night, last night to be exact! I have not had one night this week to work on this!!!  I have to get this done because I have to work in the wee hours...and teach my Grade 2/3 class!!
Here are my supplies...I am ready to go!
Following the first few steps gets me to this point!  I need to tape it together!!
My whole intention was to try something new...and I just couldn't get into it!  I made one of these hanging treat boxes for my Father's Day Club project this week and I loved how that turned out.  So I went with that idea again and made a little matching card this time.  The card fits in the treat box!!  The rose is a 3D rose I made with my Ornament Punch.  I thought I would add something to the photo to brighten up the shot!  Do you see the sheen on the projects?  I used Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer and I am in LOVE with that stuff!  Wow!  It really adds a fine shimmery sheen to a project!!
To get this all done, I forgot to photograph Mr. Snappy at the end of this project, so you will have to take my word that I spent 32 minutes on it!!!  Poor Mr. Snappy, he seemed quite vexed!

To play along this week, please visit Carole'Anne's Blog to find Mr. Linky!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles, Lesley :)

9 comments:

  1. I really like it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Mr. Snappy." 32 minutes, that is great. I love the project, great colors, and the shimmery actually shows in your photo. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is excellent! Lovely, lovely work!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, another great project and I just love the bright and fun colors you used for this project, oh, and living on the edge, matching card, you go girl, and 32 minutes. AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, the colors are fabulous. I love what you did with this set. Girl... I could NEVER have done this in 30 minutes! My hat is off to you!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. he he I trust you that Mr. Snappy read 32 min.
    you are so cute you make me giggle
    GREAT project and really good idea for this 3D Challenge you rocked it!
    I think we all had fun this week with this one
    I am just so proud of our team!
    thank you Lesley you are doing just super duper AWESOME!
    keep up your good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous Lesley! Love your colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea, Lesley! I'll have to check it out on SCS. Love your matching card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your projects Lesley! I just love bold colours :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)