Monday, May 31, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #115

I haven't played the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge in quite a while!  I have the link to Taylored Expressions in the Challenge section of my blog and have admired the sketches from afar.  But this week, I was really drawn to the sketch there and decided to play along.  Here is the sketch we were to work with!

I decided to go for some vibrant colours!  I used some Melon Mambo DSP and some Bashful Blue DSP from the Sweet Pea Pack that was in the last mini catalogue!  I used some Not Quite Navy as the base of my card and worked from there.  This is a clean and simple card, it is supposed to be a masculine card, which I think works with Melon Mambo!  I love this neat motorcycle image from SU! and the sentiment is from Garden Greetings, a retired SU! set.
I thought about doing some paper piercing around the main white panel but didn't like the busy look that created.  I'm always drawn to the clean and simple lines!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

5 comments:

  1. Love how clean this card is ! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, I love the color combo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun card, luv the colors....have a fantastic day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, LOVE those colors. Great card. You know I love those clean and simple lines. Great take on the challenge!
    hugs
    jaydee
    P.S. GIRL... I am so looking forward to our first challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take on this sketch Lesley, I just LOVE your masculine creation that image rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)