Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Curtain Call Colour Challenge #30 and Unscripted Sketch Challenge #55

I stamped the flowers in white craft ink on some scraps of kraft paper. I then stamped the same flower on kraft paper again with black stazon and then coloured that flower with my Pumpkin Pie and Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Markers.  Colouring on Kraft Paper adds an intensity to a colour!  I also used some Crystal Effects on the coloured flower to make it shine! Stacey's Curtain Call Challenge asked for these colours below.
The sketch came from Unscripted Sketches. Another challenge I love to play along with but have not been able to for a couple of weeks!  I did use their sketch but cut the paper to be landscape rather than a portrait style. I hope that it ok? Here is the sketch they were asking us to play with this week. I really liked the clean simple lines of this sketch, I think it is one I will use again and again.

Spent all weekend planting flowers and doing laundry, the yard is starting to look wonderful, need to take some photos to share.  Well I am off to work!  Here is one more picture of the card from the "other" angle!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles, Lesley :)

12 comments:

  1. very pretty, luv the pop of black...have a fabulous week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Leslie, I love seeing all the samples people make I am always pleasantly surprised just like I was when I saw your's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clean design of this...and all that kraft is making me happy! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call this week!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo pretty Lesley!!!! LOVE this CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of this, just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Love it!! Thanks for playing the Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card! great use of both challenges Lesley! thanks for joining in the fun at Curtain Call this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty, Lesley! love your clean & simple design:) thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card - great clean design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is what I call simple yet sophisticated. A real beautiful design card. Keep up the good work and keep posting your beautiful work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the kraft with the touch of pumpkin and pink. The flower just pops.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the take on the sketch- and BTW we call it Unscripted because we're hoping it's an inspiration, a good starting point- then you go off script as much as you want to make it your own creation! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)