Thursday, April 22, 2010

Colour Throwdown #89 and Stampin' Royalty #16

When I saw the sketch at the Stampin' Royalty Blog this week and the current Colour Throwdown, I knew I had to combine the two challenges!  I decided to finally ink up my new "Awash with Flowers' set which is available this month and then will come out again in the new big catalogue in July.  In fact, any hostess who has a party of $460 will earn this stamp set for FREE!!!  But only for this month!
I inked the outline of the flowers in black and then stamped the inside with Sage Shadow and Almost Amethyst.  I also completed the inside of the card with more flowers and a sentiment from a level 3 hostess set.  The card base is Bordering Blue and the ribbon is Sage Shadow.  You can't see it, but I used my texture plates to emboss the Amethyst cardstock under the top note shape.  I turned the sketch and made a vertical card, looking through my blog, you will notice I tend to make this style of card the most!  It was nice to get out my Top Note Die and use it for the sketch.  I always forget about it and I love the frame it creates for the images.

Tomorrow I will be revealing my second Design Team Card for the 10 Minutes or Less Challenge Blog! It is going to be a fun challenge this week...

Thanks for stopping by! 
Smiles, Lesley :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh Lesley, this is just lovely! I am always so excited when it's my turn to choose CTD colors because I love these so much and it is so fun to see what everyone creates! This is so fresh and bold! Your inside is just as cute too! I wondered where that sentiment was from--cuz I don't have that Level 3 set!! Thanks for playing with my colors this week!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow. Here is PA, it IS tomorrow!! I went to bed and got up again....can't sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful - just fabulous! Very creative design of our challenge! thanks for playing at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just so nice - sometimes simplicity is the way to go isn't it? Really like what you've done with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley - gorgeous! I wanted to play at stampin royalty this week, but don't own the top note die! I will be playing throwdown though... thanks for the reminder.
    Love the fact that you chose this stamp set for your card and the fact that you showed both the inside and outside of the card.
    thanks for sharing
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the finished inside too! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I didn't even recognize my sketch. You did a GREAT job with this. Thanks for playing with us again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty - love the soft colors! :) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job! I love the way you turned the sketch around! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! The more and more I see that stamp set used the more I think I should just hurry up and order it. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)