Sunday, April 11, 2010

My First Swap (Another Sneak Peek!)

Today has been wonderful! I cleaned and purged my crafting area, streamlining it so I can be more organized and inspired to create! I am so thrilled with how the room turned out. I have an old dresser from when I was little and I took the mirror off of it and turned it into a long work area with drawers! The best thing is my Big Shot and my Circle Scissors Plus are now out all the time, ready to be used. They just sit on the top of the dresser, all pretty and tidy looking and I get to play!! I joined a card swap with some other Canadian SU! demos. We had to use new stamps from the Summer Mini coming out and I decided to use my "Sweet Scoops" set. This cute little set is so much fun to stamp with, I loved using my Stamp-A-Majig to line up the ice cream tops. The cones are stamped in So Saffron and the ice cream is either Only Orange or Tempting Turquoise. I used my 2-way glue pen to add some Dazzling Diamonds to the ice cream...oh it is SO pretty!!! I also embossed each white panel with my Texturz Plates. The best thing about the Texturz Plates is they emboss softly and so when you stamp a sentiment, the sentiment doesn't look warped! I love it!!
What colour do you like the best? Only Orange or Tempting Tuquoise? I am torn but I do LOVE orange...it is my favourite colour!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Lesley what a fun set of cards....AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I KNEW this would happen! I didn't much care for this set but my fellow demo said when I saw things made up with it I'd change my mind. She was right!!!

    So adorable! I love both colors!!! Great idea for using so saffron for the cones. I'm going to miss creamy caramel like crazy when it leaves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)