Monday, June 24, 2013

Gallery Idol {Final Challenge} A Christmas Collection


On Friday afternoon, I found out that I indeed did make it into the Top 5 at Gallery Idol. Whew! I have to say, this whole experience has been amazing and I had SO much fun this weekend, making my 4 different cards. 

9101944560 46497635e0 Gallery Idol Top 5 Winners Revealed!

Here was the challenge I found out about on Friday afternoon:

And now it’s time to announce the theme of round 5! We would like our five contestants to make four color-coordinated cards in four different styles! (Contestants, you can either photograph these all together in one shot or make a collage image.) To help with the concept of different card styles, you may want to consult our special issue, Card Style

Wow! 4 different styles of cards but all in the same colour. I quickly got access to the Online content of the card styles (thanks Amy T and Virginia) and I decided to choose Freestyle Collage, Clean & Graphic, Fun & Cute and Classy & Elegant.


I have used the colours Red, Black and White! My cards are all Christmas themed cards but they are all in the different styles mentioned above...here is the breakdown and my explanation of each card:

Card #1-Peace on Earth {Freestyle Collage}



The Freestyle Collage card is characterized as a card that uses:
  • unrelated elements in a collection
This is my favourite style!! I love the idea of mashing all of these unrelated elements together to make a Christmas card! The burlap, the cork heart pin, the die cut circle, the french script font and the simple sentiment. I think this new style of card making is very cool and I am happy with my card. I hope you like it too!!!

Card #2-Santa Owl! {Fun & Cute}


The Fun & Cute card is characterized as a card that uses:
  • bright colours
  • sweet sentiment
  • uncomplicated design
  • whimsy
  • polka dots
  • punny sentiment
  • playful
You can also use shapes like stars and hearts. And gingham patterns. Basically, this card should be fun and playful! I hope you like my take on HO-HO-HO!!! I just love Owls!!

Card #3-Most Wonderful Time of the Year {Clean & Graphic}


The Clean & Graphic card is characterized as a card that uses:
  • clean lines
  • simple treatment of text
  • no frills
  • bare boned
  • message is communicated quickly
This was the first card I made, and so my colours were set for the other cards. 

Card #4-Merry Christmas {Classy & Elegant}


The Classy & Elegant card is characterized as a card that is:
  • polished
  • shiny finish
  • sparkling embellishments
  • rich colour scheme
  • sophisticated sentiments
  • regal
  • sweeping
  • dramatic
  • monochromatic
  • layered textures
  • awe
  • impress

I decided to ink up a stamp from Flourishes that I love and coloured the poinsettia with my Copic Markers. When I think of classy and elegant Christmas cards, I think of Music Notes. I also embossed the background with a damask design but it difficult to see in the photo. 

So those are my 4 cards made with the 4 styles!! I hope you like them and will vote for me!


I hope you like my Round 5 Cards for Gallery Idol
If you would like to vote for my card or for any of the participant's cards, 
please CLICK HERE to vote!!!

43 comments:

  1. *mouth hung open in total AWE*

    OMGOSH, Lesley!! These are so stunning! You got this thing in the bag girl ;) I can feel it xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have outdone yourself again, Lesley! All 4 are fab-u-lous!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making to top 5! And gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fun and festive Christmas card collection. You did a great job on all of them. I really love that adorable Santa card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so gorgeous. I'm speechless... Great job, Lesley!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All four cards are outstanding, Lesley! I think you nailed this challenge! Off now to enter my vote! Congrats and good luck, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All four cards are outstanding, Lesley! I think you nailed this challenge! Off now to enter my vote! Congrats and good luck, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cards you have made! you'd be a very worthy winner-good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you really nailed this one, Lesley. Love your choice of colour and theme. It's amazing how you've captured those different card styles, and to think you had so little time left to pull this off. I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so awesome....as are your cards! I can tell that you have really stepped up your craft game! These are some of the best, prettiest cards I've ever seen you do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness - these cards are absolutely stunning! I love them all and are all winners by themselves, but as a collection they're totally amazing. You've got my vote for sure! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing the elements of the different styles. You nailed them all! A-MA-ZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulous! Love that you also did them all on the same theme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fab cards! (I picked you! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWZA! I LOVE, LOVE your cards! You did an amazing job! Congratulation, again, for making it to the Top 5. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Lesley....they are all absolutely gorgeous! You have totally knocked this one out of the park! I have my fingers (and toes) crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards - I absolutely love the Clean and Graphic

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are simply amazing! Love every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all your designs and the finished cards in your 4-card series, Lesley! Best wishes for continued success!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely FAB.U.LOUS.! I so voted for you, and I hope you win!! Love love love the color combo and such beautiful Christmas card! Good Luck~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lesley I love love love your cards,fabulously festive. They definitely showcase your own style and the red is such a fantastic choice here. Best of luck to you in this final round Lesley!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. girlfriend these ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sooooooo proud of you :)


    just came from the SRM blog :) WOOOOOHOOOOOO :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. FABULOUS work Lesley, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Lesley!!! I adore your approach to this challenge with a Christmas theme! My favorite here has to be the Freestyle Collage card....even though this is not my style, I am drawn to your card! Each element is perfect and cohesive. I'm so glad to share the Top 5 with you this year! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All of them are FABULOUS, Lesley! You take this challenge so beautifully! It's been fun to get to know you through Gallery Idol! And SRM is lucky to have you on the team! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Lesley :) Your cards is fabulous!!! The freestyle collage is my favorite, but the others is so beautifull too!! Wish you Good Luck Lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Out of this world amazing, Lesley! I don't think there is any way in the entire world that I would have been able to come up with four cards as beautiful as these in one week-end. Such fabulous work! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super gorgeous! I love how your focal is Christmas and you rocked each style! AWESOME work!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous mix of cards, Lesley!! I'm swooning over the first one!! Fingers crossed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am blown away with how well they blend and are different at the same time! I wish you the best of luck....fingers are for sure crossed too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lesley...you are at the top of your game! I have never seen four cards of yours which I have liked any better. YOU are the best! Good luck, my friend! I am off to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful job, Lesley. ;-) You made it through that bumpy ride with flying colors! Each one of your cards is a work of art. Best wishes in the contest, but you should be proud of your efforts over the last few weeks. You done good!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful, every card is a master piece :), love the colors u chose and how differently you played with them :) great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  34. You've got my vote. I went to each blog and studied them all :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lesley these are wonderful cards! Way to go on the top 5 too

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lesley, this is a wonderful collection of stunning cards. Each and everyone is equally amazing! Congrats on being in the top 5!

    ReplyDelete
  37. "ahhhh-mazing" Lesley!!! So love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, these are all fabulous. Love your color scheme and how each one is so different. I especially love the first and last cards. Good luck. These are definitely winners.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, these are all fabulous. Love your color scheme and how each one is so different. I especially love the first and last cards. Good luck. These are definitely winners.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yeah! That's so awesome that you're in the Top 5. It's been a great ride, and I'm glad we got to be in it together. :) Your final round cards are fabulous! You did such a great job on the styles! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations!!!! All four cards are amazing!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow Lesley - congratulations on getting to the top 5! I absolutely love your gorgeous set of cards! Good luck in the competition x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)