Friday, April 23, 2010

10 Minute or Less Challenge #119-A Sketch

It's Friday and that means it is time for the "10 Minutes or Less" Challenge over on Carole'Anne's Blog.  This week we were given a sketch.  I decided to pair it up with the pretty colour combo over at Stacey's Curtain Call Colour Challenge which was to use Crushed Curry, Going Gray, Basic Gray and White.  Once again I inked up my new "Elements of Style" Set.  I stamped the main flowers in Mustard and then inked up the swirly stamp in Going Gray, stamping over top of the yellow flowers.  The entire front panel was then put through the Big Shot with the Texturz Plates to add some detail.  I cut out the Hummingbird and popped it up on a dimensional.  I worked fast and had all my supplies and pieces on the table ready to go before I started.  I still didn't make it in 10 minutes but I was quicker this week!  I was in the 20 minute realm!!!
Please stop by the "10 Minutes or Less" Challenge Blog and be sure to play along this week.  I am looking forward to seeing your creations.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Elements of Style, Watercolour Trio
Paper: Whisper White, More Mustard, Basic Gray Cardstock
Ink: More Mustard, Going Grey, Basic Gray
Tools: Perfect Details Texturz Plates, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Scissors, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, More Mustard Ribbon, Scallop Trim Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

16 comments:

  1. Oh Lesley, this card is SO beautiful, I love the color combination and how you "spotlighted" the center elements, very nice indeed. A great 10 minute or less card for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Lesley. I love the way you spotlighted part of the image. great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I just received this set as my free set from SAB! I may just have to CASE this one. Thanks for blessing my day! By the way, I'm here through Stampin' Connection. Sure am glad you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely, and I love the layers. I can see why you are on the fabulous design team

    ReplyDelete
  5. yhahoooooooooo LESLEY you did such a superb job on this card
    this new stuff from the summer MINI is just so incredible I sure do love it!
    as I love your card and the inside is done
    whow you are rocking!
    I am so super duper proud of our team!
    We totally have a WONDERFUL team and I am so happy to have you part of you!
    Keep Up the good work!
    excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Lesley! I love that you used Stacey's colors---very chic! And I played!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who woulda thunk these colors are so beautiful together. Very sophisticated. Want my address? :0)
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lesley,

    I love your color choice and the way you used a focal panel. I love this set and can hardly wait until mine arrives. I had fun playing today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so gorgeous, Lesley! love your use of color with this awesome new stamp set...just beautiful:) thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card! I love that stamp set. Great work!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lesley, Your card looks great! Very pretty even if you "only" spent 10 min. on it. I still have to get the time in check. 10 min. just goes too fast. Mitzi Luttrull

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is stunning Lesley! I love the branch in the background that creeps onto the square with the birdie!!! thanks for playing along with us again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have created a beautiful Card here. I love the color combo. I really struggle with color combo's and it seems like it is so easy for some people. I wonder what the catch is to figuring it out? I love the Basic Grey Scalloped Border that you used near the top of the card. I think that it really makes the whole thing "pop". Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend, whatever you decide to do.

    Cyber hugs, Trish in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous combo, Lesley! Love the way you treated the elements of style and the hummer at the bottom of the page is just perfect.
    fabulous job.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)