Thursday, November 13, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #100 {Sparkle}


Wow! Today is our 100th Challenge over at CAS(E) this Sketch! I love being on this team! It is my chance to just make a card and play! The team have created awesome samples to inspire you but I have to admit, this challenge was really challenging for me...I LOVE the sketch, but I struggled.


I think I just over-thought it! In the end, I realized that something sticking out from the top of the card or the bottom would work; then I saw my poinsettia stamp! I inked it up in Silver ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. The poinsettia is a Stampin' Up stamp and the sentiment comes from one of my all time favourite MFT stamp sets. I don't think either stamp is available anymore!




I was inspired by the cue card at Casology to create a CAS Christmas card or tag! I also was inspired to use the sentiment because of the shiny silver embossing which in turn was inspired by Virginia's Challenge to use Metallic on my card!




13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Lesley!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your take on the sketch! That poinsettia is beautiful in silver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER clean and lovely Lesley! I just love the direction your creativity is taking!!! Thanks for joining us in the Festive challenge at CASology, this is so divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous...love that poinsettia bloom and the silver!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love that silver poinsettia! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a creative take on the sketch! Love your shimmery poinsettia! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Lesley! I love the scripty sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Lesly! Love that you left this uncolored and the sequins in the centre rock! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is stunning, Lesley! I love you used only one color which is silver to create your festive card! Perfect CAS one-layer card! Well done! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  11. CAS at it's ultimate! Simply stunning! Thanks for the inspiration! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)