Thursday, September 11, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch & NBUS#2 {Hip Hip Hooray!}


Well this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch was a toughie for me! I won't deny it! I always get antsy when I see the "pennants" in a sketch but then I decided to interpret the design and I went for it! Why not use butterflies?


Keeping my colour scheme bold and simple, I went to work and stamped the sentiment first. I used Early Espresso Ink and a new photopolymer set from Stampin' Up that actually stamped beautifully! Then I inked up the butterflies (also SU!) and punched them out. This is pretty clean and graphic for me...I think...

   Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)

I am also playing along with Darnell over at the NBUS #2 Challenge because I have had this sentiment set from Stampin' Up for a LONG time and have never inked it all up! (Disclaimer-it has at least 20 sentiments in it and I have only used one of the sayings in the set. The one I used today has NEVER been inked...hope this qualifies!)

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love the font of this sentiment Lesley! Beautiful butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a GREAT job, very nice Lesley!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it qualifies, Lesley! I mean, if they were from back in the day when all our stamps were wooden, it would be a virginal stamp, right? Your interpretation of the sketch is beautiful in these colors with the twine and the butterflies!! And you said something that really resonated with me in terms of what makes you a "smart" designer: you stamped your sediment FIRST! Simples, right? But I never remember to do that and then I've almost passed out a million times from holding my breath while adding my sediment as a last step on a card, she says, bonking herself in the forehead! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this CAS design - the butterflies look great stamped in black and white with the bold sentiment and little pop of colour from the banner! So cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)