Thursday, September 4, 2014

CASE this Sketch #91, Casology #111 & Festive Friday #39 {Tis the Season to be Simple}


Today we have a brand new challenge over at CASE this Sketch. I really like this sketch because it can be used in so many ways. I was inspired by the amazing Inspiration photo over at Festive Friday. I loved the way the sentiment was used in the photograph and that gave me the idea to make a Christmas card! I was also inspired by Casology's current key word "Under" to use a piece of a snowflake that I had left on my desk. It was a snowflake die cut out of silver glimmer paper and I had used half of it on another card. So when I saw the sketch, I knew what to do with that extra piece! I placed it "UNDER" the main sentiment panel!


My Christmas cards last year we nice but REALLY thick...so my goal for this year is to make then clean lined and slim...actually my personal goal is to get clean lined and slim as well...but I digress...


 

So using a piece of Kraft paper and a piece of white paper scrap, I threw this card together...easy peasy! I hope you like it. I think I need to try it with some gold, red, and blue glimmer paper too...hmmm. I love glimmer! Hope you will come by and play along with us! The team has provided lots of inspiration!

19 comments:

  1. Now THAT is a sharp card! Hope you won't mind me CASEing that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does not look like a card you just "threw together"! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you combined the challenges. Great, crisp, clean design and I love seeing you at Festive Friday Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love everything about this card, Lesley! The silver glitter against the kraft, the beautiful snowflake, and the elegant sentiment -- perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, this is gorgeous! LOVE the warm colors and that sparkly snowflake peeking out from behind the banner is just too perfect! :)
    Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - nice and flat for mailing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous ! Love the glittery snowflake :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this and thought 'so clever to have the snowflake peeking out' without connecting that it was for Under. And Festive Friday. So glad you joined us at two of my favourite challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! What an awesome use of the sketch; I love it, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so easy you say, but so so stunning!! Seriously one fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley, your card is innovative and absolutely stunning! From the kraft/white combination, to the glitz 'under' snowflake, to the sentiment banner...wow! In awe....
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, Eye catching!! Love how there is hidden hearts in the snowflake die!!!
    I saw this at CTS and was like WOW!!! Lovely! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that sparkly snowflake peeking out!! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant card Lesley!! I love how you tucked that gorgeous snowflake underneath the banner! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow that big sparkly snowflake is fabulous and I love the sideways sentiment! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)