Thursday, April 19, 2012

Play Date Cafe and Retro Sketches {You're the Best} and CAS-ual Fridays and MOJO {Simply Wonderful}


Two quick and simple cards for tonight!  I was immediately inspired by the colours at the Play Date Cafe.  Last week I was so excited to be the Cup of the Week at the Play Date Cafe for THIS CARD.  Thank you so much ladies for choosing my card, you made my week!!!  I also remembered Arielle's wonderful sketch at Retro Sketches...so I went to work.  I pulled out some new Stampin' Up goodies...two new sets that I just purchased called Button Buddies and Friendly Phrases. I just love these sets and have been itching to ink them up!  I took my inspiration from the polka dot tie and used some of my Bold Brights Designer Paper also from SU!  I used Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo.  I LOVE Melon Mambo!!


Another first for me was using some SU! Bold Brights buttons.  I got these through Sale-A-Bration and I have to say, I don't know what took me so long to try these! They are cute!  Lots of white space and clean lines for this card.  I really had a good time making it!!!  


Well then I saw the challenge over at CAS-ual Friday and at the Mojo Monday and decided to use these stamps set again to create another Clean and Simple card with opposite colours from the colour wheel...bright pink and bright green (Melon Mambo and Lucky Limeade).  I was so excited to have my name drawn last week for the MOJO Challenge! Can't wait to ink up my very first Verve stamp!! How wonderful indeed!





27 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Impeccable stamping and fun sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful Lesley! The bright bold colors and CAS style are just terrific! So glad you played along with us this week at RetroSketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect set for these wonderful, bright colors! Both cards make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeehaw! Both of these cards cheered me up immensely today! Bright, happy, sunshiney colors--love them! You rocked everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome bold and bright cards, I was immediately drawn to it!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOTH are fantastic!! Love the bright colors on there too. So pretty.
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - just noticed your card on Mojo Monday & love your MoJo! Thanks for sharing and love your cards! Lou X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are fabulous! So bold and striking! Bummer you missed the CAS-ual Fridays deadline but I'm glad you shared with us anyway :) New challenge starts just after midnight tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, Lesley~ both cards are so pretty and so springy! Love the stamp set and your layouts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them both, Lesley! The stamps and sentiments are beautiful! Love the clean lines!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Lesley these colors are so bright and fun and your cards are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lesley, both these cards are just yummy & gorgeous!!! Love the clean design! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lesley, I swear you have some kind of magic paint program inside your computer! Your work is always so impecable, so crisp, the white so white, the colors so vibrant! I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have resisted this set for so long because this is really the only stamp in it that I love, but man you're making it hard to resist. Love the colours and the flowers and the dp - gorgesou!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute stamp set - and absolutely adorable cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow ... love all these cards ... great colours, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, well, well, Miss Lesley! First of all, congrats on being Cup of the Week with us last week. It was well deserved, I must say. And congrats on having your name drawn at Mojo; you will LOVE Verve stamps! I've got quite a collection growing, and 'need' more. LOL

    I like this bright, fun number you've got in our gallery this week, too, with the bold flowers and polka dots.

    THanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Lesley - I love these bright and happy colors! Love the white space and the cheery images. Such perfect cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards. Love how you used the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards Lesley - love a pop of vibrant colour - and you've done it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous, Lesley! Such great takes on all combined challenges, and I'm lovin' those polka dots! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You captured my heart with those sweet polka dots Lesley!! Both of these cards are so pretty, love those delightful flowers...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both beautiful cards! I just love your first one for the PDCC, it's so fresh and bright. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Popping back to say congrats to you on your well-deserved Cream in Our Coffee at PDCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)