Friday, April 6, 2012

Flourishes, Play Date Cafe, There She Goes {It Isn't the End}

Supplies
Stamps: Pursuit of Happiness (SU), Cherry Blossoms (Flourishes)
Papers: Bazzill Basics (Vintage Marketplace), Flourishes Ivory Cardstock, Lucky Limeade & Basic Gray (SU!)
Inks: Memento Black, Copics, Basic Gray (SU!)
Extras: Big Shot, Embossing Folder, Baja Breeze Ribbon, Hat Pin


Another post for today...I love having a free day to stamp! Yippee!  This card began with the colours at the Play Date Cafe, then I noticed that the gals over at There She Goes have a  "Metal" Challenge...I have NEVER used a Hat Pin before and I tend to avoid using Ribbon...but this card will be hand delivered and so I do not need to worry about fitting that bow into an envelope!  So thank you ladies for the inspiration and the push out of my comfort zone!  I created this card for my dear friend who is going through some tough times, the challenge over at Flourishes is to create a card for a Friend (perfect!). This helped me to choose my stamp set today. I used their pretty "Cherry Blossoms" set and Stampin' Up's "Pursuit of Happiness" set for the sentiment...

20 comments:

  1. A very beautiful card Lesley. I'm sure your friend will be moved by it. I love the way you've coloured the flowers and have them "spilling" over the frame. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous creation! Love that bow and pins! Thanks for playing at There She Goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, Lesley! Your friend will be able to see your love in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, this card is beautiful! I love the embossing behind the floral branch and that lush bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Lesley, love the colour of the flowers and the bow is gorgeous...beautiful card.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! For pulling out a lot of "never-used" items, it is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just gorgeous! I love the flowers and coloring, and your sentiment is wonderful. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! I love those colors, too...I had a chance to use them myself today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is great! Love all the goodies you added to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, it is SO good to see you playing with us at The Play Date CAfe! I was all excited when I saw your name. :)

    This creation is so beautiful: love the embossed frame over the blue flowers. I never thought to do that! ANd about the hat pin: I resisted for a long time, but once used, I kinda liked it!

    THanks for joining us, Lesley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley, your card is just oozing loveliness! I love the way you've done the pin (I personally find them a challenge). I also love how you've done the embossed frame, such a fab idea! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I just LOVE that sentiment, Lesley! And your card is absolutely stunning! I've had my eye on that embossing folder, but couldn't see how I would use it enough to get my money's worth. Now, you're making me think I "need" it ;)! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely!! Congrats on being the cup of the week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous card! Congrats on your PDCC win :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hurray! Congratulations on your fantastic card winning Cup of the Week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Card!!! Love the colours you've chosen and how you've used the cherry blossoms!! Thanks so much for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, what a beautiful colour combo! Great idea with the embossing too. Thanks for joining us this month for the BBB challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lesley, this is beautiful! Love how you colored the Cherry Blossoms! Thanks for joining us this month for Flourishes BBB challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is absolutely STUNNING! I LOVE that colour combo and you incorporated the ribbon and hat pin beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us at Flourishes for the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!

    Naomi
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)