Sunday, April 22, 2012

Paper Players Sketch #92 and Color Throwdown #188 {Happy Day to You}

April is flying by! I can't believe how quick the days are getting, so much to do everyday and suddenly it is 9pm and I need to get to bed. It is actually Thursday night and I managed to get my Paper Players Challenge card done before the weekend! Woo-hoo! I am usually "Last Minute Lesley" and making my card on Saturday night, so I am pretty pumped to have my ducks in a row! At least for this week anyway...



This week's challenge comes from my pal Nance. She did up a sketch for us this week and I love all the possibilities it holds!  My inspiration comes from the colours at the Colour Throwdown.  I love the soft, springy hues and decided to get out my favourite stamp combo from Stampin' Up..."Elements of Style" and the "En Francais" background stamp! I also used my newest sentiment set called "Friendly Phrases". I liked the look of the modern script with the romantic roses.


We hope that you will join the Paper Players Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations! I also created a brand new FACEBOOK page for us! Wahoo! I hope you will "LIKE" us!!

The Paper Players Design Team
Shirley Pumpkin (April GD)

14 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Lesley! The roses are so perfectly paired with the en francais background and that lacey butterfly is gorgeous! Love the added distressing with thesanded background too! Thanks for such a soft and lovely take on my sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roses are lovely on that scripted background -- beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch this week!~ And your colors are beautiful together! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful!!! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card!! love the little butterfly! I am on my way to "like" the facebook page!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty...that background is perfect, as is that sweet butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is delightful, Lesley! I love the colors and that background panel is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley, this is so pretty. I love the incorporation of the color challenge and you are right. The sentiment and typeface are such a fabulous contrast to the image. LOVE IT! Congrats on not being late-Lesley:-)
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE, LOVE this card Lesley gorgeous image and colours :) There is so much talent in card-making land it is truly amazing and inspiring :) :) :) Many thanks for your words of encouragement on my blog - much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous! Love the color combo, the stamped image and that beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! Congrats on your win over at CTD!!! Yay You!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so pretty! Perefct colours to use with those gorgeous flowers (one of my all time favourite sets!) and I love how you stamped the script and that butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous, Lesley! I LOVE the lacey butterfly. It is just perfect against the floral background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, love the striking image for the focal point! And the beautiful butterfly is the perfect choice for finishing off the card! Love the banner sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)