Sunday, April 29, 2012

Paper Players #93, Play Date Cafe, and I Spy Sketches

So I am having an eye issue...my right eye is blurry and has some bumps on it. Bleck! I have been resting it this weekend! Thank you to my Paper Players team for being so wonderful!



This week at the Paper Players Challenge, I am the hostess and I have a TIC TAC TOE thang going on! Basically choose any three in a row...across, down, diagonally...I left the center choice up to you, like in Bingo! Sheesh I am mixing up my games here, but you get the drift! This is an Anything Goes Challenge but with the parameters in the Tic Tac Toe box!  I hope you will join in the fun!  I chose the Square Card, Your Choice (Rock and Roll technique for my Butterfly) and Spring.
{Supplies}
Stamps: Summer Solstice, SAB Elementary Elegance Set, En Francais
Inks: Perfect Plum, Concord Crush, Confetti White and So Saffron
Papers: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, DSP scrap from my stash
Tools: Swiss Dots embossing folder, Oval Nesties, Big Shot, Perfect Plum Ribbon, Pearls 
***Technique: I Rock and Rolled the Butterfly in So Saffron and Perfect Plum

For my card, I used the Colours from the Playdate Cafe and the Sketch from I Spy Sketches!  



We hope that you will join the Paper Players Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations! This is also our last week with Shirley our Guest Designer! Thank you Shirley for your wonderful work and for playing with us!!!

16 comments:

  1. Lesley, you poor thing! Having a bum eye has got to be no picnic. We rely on our eyes sooooo much!

    Your card is tres lovely, using that fave of mine, En Francais! I like the rock and roll butterfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Lesley! I love this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Lesley your creation is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Lesley. This is a quintessential YOU card! I LOVE the rock-and-roll butterfly! And the En Francais layer looks fabulous paired with the yellow DP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun challenge Lesley and I love the free space in the middle. I love your pretty butterfly and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Booo sorry you're having eye issues, I'll keep you in my prayers. But you could never tell there were peeper problems going on by the looks of this pretty card!! Great job on all of the challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card Lesley, it is just sooo pretty! The butterfly is gorgeous as is your use of en francais. Great card all round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the perfect plum and yellow combo--so Spring! Hope your eye is better. Mine have been tearing a lot from all the pollen in the air, so I hope that's all that's wrong with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO pretty! Love the two-tone butterfly and the panel of polka dots :) I'm a sucker for polka dots... and they look so elegant set off with that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome take on the sketch and colors! Such a pretty combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great challenge Lesley. Love your colour choices & the fabulous RnR butterfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just beautiful, you used our colours perfectly!!

    Hope your eye gets better soon, I want to see more of these beautiful creations! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is ever so pretty, Lesley! LOVE the design, all your fantastic textures, and that butterfly... Swoon! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely take on the purple and yellow Lesley! You always use the En Francais background beautifully! Hope your eye is doing better...(hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this, Lesley! The mix of colors with that layout are really striking! The rockin' and rollin' butterfly is such a wonderful touch. Bg hugs, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic colour combo and I love the layout! Using the rock and roll technique on the butterfly really makes it stand out. Thanks for the super fun challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)