Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Going Green and is TASTES GOOD!

So I have been on a health kick...and this is not a whim but a necessary action! I need to feel better and dragging myself around all day is not a good feeling. I suspect it is lack of good food going in and proper physical activity, stress and lack of sleep.
And there's the crux of it all...lack of sleep...I go to bed early but sleep often evades me. I know I come by this honestly as my mom also struggles to get a good night sleep...which brings me to the reason behind this post.  I was looking on Pinterest and found this amazing blog all about smoothies and good eating.  I decided I needed to get more fruits and veggies in my diet and so I have begun making smoothies...

This is what I made today...I took a photo of it so you could see how green I was going!  Now before you go judging my "green friend", let me tell you, it is delicious! And not just a little yummy but MEGA YUM FACTOR! I followed Arielle's recipe over at The Diva Dish. Here is the link http://thediva-dish.com/uncategorized/all-about-green-drinks-101/


Beginners Green Drink (Copied from Arielle's blog...the link is below)
1 C. non diary milk (Unsweetened Soy Milk)
2 C. spinach
1 frozen banana
1 TB. Chia Seeds (I used Flax Seeds)
1 tsp. Sweetener of choice (I used Stevia)
1tsp. vanilla
Ice
Optional: Peanut Butter
I did not try the peanut butter but I can imagine it would be awesome!  You should give this a try...


5 comments:

  1. Lesley, it looks like it should be a March 17th drink! I'm curious to know what non-dairy milk product you chose to use! Thanks for sharing your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that I have gone healthy too sweetie, 2 months of no dairy, no gluten, no sugar and no processed foods... I feel much better pain wise, and Jim and I are walking an hour a night, but I am with you darlin, sleep evades me, in fact, I nearly kerplunked my head into my desk this afternoon, i am that exhausted! Oh sleep gods, please give me the ability to sleep soundly again!!!

    Good on ya Lesley!!! Keep it up girl! I am rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is green! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I will give it a try. I usually make a smoothie in the morning using 1 c soy milk (plain), frozen fruit, and 1/2 a banana. I really need to add more vegies to my diet, so lately I have started to add either kale or spinach. It really is quite good with the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Lesley ... I used to do this, but got out of the habit and then all the old bad ones crept in... green smoothies really really do what they say they do and more, I am right with you .... thanks for boost and thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been on the "green smoothie" kick since February, although I make mine with coconut water as the base and use agave nectar as a natural sweetner occasionally. I find that the banana adds a lot of creamy texture on it's own....sometimes add some peach to balance it out. I haven't tried adding peanut butter but now I kind of want to try it! Sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)