Monday, April 9, 2012

Merry Monday #15


Welcome to another week at Merry Monday! The idea behind this challenge is to get a head start on your Christmas cards! Each week, I choose one Merry Monday Winner who will then be a Guest Designer for a future challenge! So get out your Christmas supplies and let's get to work!


Lesley Croghan
Supplies
Stamps: The Sounding Joy-SU!
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa
Papers: Flourishes Cardstock, Snowfall Collection by Bo Bunny, Baja Breeze
Extras: Sizzix Snowflake #2 Die, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon (SU!), rhinestone brad, Big Shot

My card was VERY easy to make. I was out and looking at some new challenge sites when I found a site I had not played along with is such a long time.  Crazy for Challenges has a colour challenge on this month, they are looking for Blue and White with one other colour.  I got out some "Bo Bunny" Snowfall Collection paper I have in my huge STASH of papers and went from there.  So the colours I chose were Baja Breeze, White and Cocoa.  I used my much neglected Snowflake die from Sizzix and the sentiment comes from one of my favourite stamp sets from Stampin' Up called "The Sounding Joy". This card was easy peasy to make! I flipped the sketch and changed the circle to be the snowflake.

The design team of Merry Makers and Guest Designer Christy Q, have created some beautiful cards for your inspiration. Thank you ladies!

Arielle Gordon (FD)



Christy Q (GD)

THIS CHALLENGE ENDS ON SUNDAY AT NOON BEFORE THE NEXT MERRY MONDAY CHALLENGE. HAPPY STAMPING!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Lesley! Love that big snowflake and your DSP works perfectly. I love that stamp set, too. It makes the card so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotta love a card that's easy to make, Lesley! THat large snowflake die is amazing, and looks good against a skewed panel.

    I'm actually having time to play with Merry Mondays this week! Am uploading tomorrow, Wednesday. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sketch Lesley and your big snowflake and Joy are wonderful! I love quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy I finally got to join in the fun and play Lesley! I have been wanting to for ages!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous, Lesley!!
    Great sketch and wonderful cards by the DT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a terrific sketch once again, and all the DT cards are great, so many different ideas to take on board, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie, would it be silly of me to ask for a Sunday midnight EST deadline? I usually only have Sunday afternoon/evening to get down to my craft cave. I love this challenge and hate missing out on it each week. I'm always too late to enter on a Sunday or too early for the next challenge. Sunday afternoon/ evenings are usually my days to get down in the craft cave. Am I being real selfish in asking? If so, I apologize. I love Merry Monday challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie, thank you for the lovely emailed reply :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)