Sunday, March 25, 2012

Paper Players Sketch #88-{You're Tweet!}

Sunday is here and that means tomorrow I am back to work after a wonderful week off for Spring Break. My husband and I went away for a few days and so I have spent this morning, catching up on comments. We went to a lovely lodge that is located near the ocean and enjoyed whale watching and being outside, walking along the beach. The weather was amazing! 


This week we have a terrific sketch by the talented Ann Schach! I loved working with it and I know you will enjoy it as well!  I wanted to play with a new stamp I recently found from Pink Cat.  It is called "Love Birds on a Swing".  I think it is super cute. The reason I chose the muted tones was because it matched my BRAND NEW PAPER from Pink Paislee called "Indigo Bleu"...wow!  I LOVE this paper and what is more, I love ALL their paper. I found their product through Mona Pendelton. Thank you Mona!  I have ordered 2 more of their paper packs, I would say I am hooked! LOL!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studios  "Love Birds on a Swing"
Papers: Baja Breeze, Sage Shadow, Whisper White, Pink Paislee "Indigo Bleu"
Inks: Memento Black, Copics
Extras: Lace Ribbon from Scrapbook Essentials BC, Baja Breeze Button (retired from SU), 
Rectangle Nesties, SU Decorative Label Punch for Sentiment

My image is coloured with Copics. Sorry this is not the best picture, I had trouble trying to capture the colouring, it is actually darker IRL. The flash washed it out it a bit.  We hope that you will join the Paper Players Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!  Enjoy your week!  I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!  I have decided to begin a learning unit on Gray Whales with my class after this week's adventures, I am excited to get started!  This is also our last week with talented GD Sherry Eckblad, thank you Sherry for your hard work as our March Guest Designer!!!

14 comments:

  1. LOL, a "tweet" card Fab image and lovely colour scheme,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed "tweet", Lesley! I love Pink Paislee stuff too but am having a hard time finding it here in the states! Your little birds are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley, love your card, the colors and that ribbon and sweet image. Sounds like you and your hubby had the perfect get away.

    Thank you so much for letting me play along with you and the other Paper Players this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. The muted colors work perfectly with that image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this stamp Lesley! So "tweet" and I love that we both used birds this week. Your Copic coloring is lovely and I see why you feel in love with that paper! So glad you had a lovely time with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Love the image - and the colors! Beautiful and spring-like! Glad you had some time for a getaway - sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your break sounds lovely!

    This is a wonderful card...but bad for me...cuz now I have to go shopping for new stamps AND new paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Lesley - this is so sweet. I love this image and all your embellishments. And - I think I may start your Merry Monday challenges.....
    Hope your school year is continuing to be great.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card Lesley! Those little birds on the swing are darling! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there, cute card! I love this one, Lesley! That image is too cute and the color combo you used is so pretty and perfect for sending springtime cheer! So glad you had a nice week with your hubs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Lesley! This is such a perfect card! From the sweet image to the ribbon and button...I LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh this is too cute Lesley!! Love those sweet little smooching birdies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lesley, I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing time away...sounds perfect! Love the new stamp set you showcased and the colors are beautiful together. Great card! Glad you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)