Thursday, March 29, 2012

CR84FN and Mojo Monday {Hello Sunshine}

The past week or so, I have been checking out the awesome colours at CR84FN. I love the combo of  Pink, Orange and Yellow together but I always struggle with it.  I don't know why! So I was determined to make a card and to try my best with the colours.


I needed a sketch to get my creative vibe going and I decided to look at the Mojo Sketch this week.  The Sketch could be a square or a circle.  I decided to opt for the square version and suddenly those strips of paper in the background became my inspiration for the colours. I pulled out 3-12x12" pieces of polka dot designer paper from my Bold Brights Pack in Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango.  I cut one strip off each piece and fit it onto my square card (I used the Confetti White Cardstock as a base).  Then I sat there and thought, what image should I used?  

{Supplies Used}
Stamps: Sentiment from Stampendous
Papers: Bold Brights Pack (SU!), Whisper White, Confetti White
Inks: Melon Mambo
Tools: Daisies #2 Die Sizzix, Big Shot, Button, Oval Punches (SU!)

Then the daisy die came to mind and I used a small yellow button from my stash to create the centre.  No black ink for the sentiment...I keep it light and happy with some Melon Mambo Ink. I have been in a creative slump for a long time. I have not been feeling the card making vibe but tonight, I am pleased with how this turned out. 

Have a sunshiny day tomorrow!

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card, Lesley! It makes me think of summer with those bright, cheery colours and that gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on those sunshiny challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley! This is beautiful!! So bright and cheery like a ray of sunshine. What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really LOVE this card! Sooo bright and cheerful. Great job combining the colors! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Lesley! I struggle with yellows, for some reason, but they are gorgeous here with the pink and orange and your daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say you're out of your slump. That's a lovely bright and cheerful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful spring card, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's absolutely gorgeous! The dotty paper and amazing flower are just fab! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great card. Love the die you used too. I think it just went on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One word: HAPPY! Love this one, Lesley! You always have such a way with color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Lesley! I'd never guess that you struggle with these colors - you put them all together like the pro I know you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you did a wonderful job! Its so bright and cheery - makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Lesley! Love the big beautiful bloom! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lesley, I love these colors and that big yellow flower makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)