Monday, March 19, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge #12- {For the Birds}

Welcome to another week at Merry Monday!  The idea behind this challenge is to get a head start on your Christmas cards!  Each week, I choose one Merry Monday Winner who will then be a Guest Designer for a future challenge!  So get out your Christmas supplies and let's get to work!   

This week's sketch is REALLY simple...I wanted to be able to create a card quickly and I wanted to use some of the Christmas paper I hoard stash away in my drawers.  So here it is, what do you think?  I must say, this card is made from "recycled" stuff from my "need to use drawer", that includes the ribbon and the card base in Real Red. Aren't the birds so "tweet".

{Supplies Used on this Card}
Stamps: SU! Hostess Set called "Best Yet" (retired)
Papers: Dear Santa 8" Glitter Paper from My Mind's Eye, Real Red Cardstock
Inks: Real Red for the sentiment
Tools: Scallop Edge Border Punch from SU!, Shimmer Ribbon, Oval Punches from SU!

Below are the gorgeous cards created by Featured Designer Sandi MacIver and Guest Designer Bonnie Klass. Please be sure to visit their blogs by clicking on their name above their card.

 

Guest Designer:

12 comments:

  1. Great sketch Lesley and I love your card. Now you know we don't stash/hoard our paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, I love these birds on the snowbank! I love this sketch. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lesley, love the paper you used for your card today, so cute, I can see why you "stashed" it, LOL....
    thanks for another great sketch, I had a ton of fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice simple sketch . .. As I also have a mountain of patterned paper it's a good simple way to use it. Looking forward to getting my stash out and playing along again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! I actually made, and posted!, a card in time for your challenge!!!! I still have #7 & #10 to do, but I'm getting there. Thanks for such an awesome challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch, and yes, the paper is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch! Your card is so cute, I love the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley your little birds are darling, love this simple sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards!!!
    always love your sketches :)

    * no comment on the stash/hoard comment! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sketch and love your little "bird" card! Also wonderful creations by the guest and featured stampers!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww I missed out this week. I only have time on Sunday's to do a little card making so I've been missing out on these challenges. Everyone did a fantastic job though and I'm getting so much inspiration from both the DT team and the entries. Good Luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley, those little birds remind me of The Partridge Family show from my childhood! They make a really sweet Christmas card. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)