Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just Us Girls #14 Sketch Challenge

This card and the "Sour Cream Container" combo were made for the "Just Us Girl's" Sketch Challenge #14.I wanted to create a Valentine Card with the SU! Stamp Set called Always. This is such a pretty set and lends itself to Anniversary Cards. Wedding Cards, Valentine's Card or even Thinking of You Cards. I also used the All Holidays set...again...why didn't I buy this set sooner! LOL! I angled the main rectangle on the front of the card which is a little different from the sketch.I also used a Crimper to make the Sour Cream Container which holds some Hershey Kisses. I have never made these containers before but I followed the instructions found on Splitcoast Stampers and found that making these is really easy and fun! I thought the "Hugs and Kisses" sentiment from All Holidays was perfect for my little container which is filled with Hersey's Hugs and Kisses!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
**Lesley**
Supplies Used:
Stamps: All Holidays (114916), Always (113620)
Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Real Red DSP (retired), Choclate Chip, Real Red and Whisper White
Tools: Scallop Circle and Scallop Border Punches, 1/4" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Sticky Strip adhesive, Sponge

6 comments:

  1. Really like your card. This is such a pretty set and makes a great Valentine card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, this is such a great combo....I just pulled out my Always set yesterday. It is sitting on my desk, waiting to be inked up! Great sourcream container too...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley
    Happy New Year! Great job with the challenge - and I love your sour cream holders! Really creative!
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley,
    This is such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty set! I've always liked these two stamp sets. Lovely colors, too! Thanks so much for playing our JUGs challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)