Friday, January 15, 2010

Colour Throwdown #75

Yeah! I got to play the Colour Throwdown this week. I was so excited when I saw the pretty colours and knew I had to ink up my newest stamp sets. This set is so pretty and the flowers kind of reminded me of that retired set called "Peaceful Wishes". The flowers on my card are from the set called "Thoughts and Prayers". Here is a picture of the "inside" of the card with the same floral image. I also used the Eyelet Border Punch for some added detail and prettiness.I used my Rich Razzleberry Ink pad and pressed it directly onto some of the flowers. Then I took my Stampin' Write Markers (love them!) and finished off the flowers with Orchid Opulence. I had to be smart about this so that I kept true to the challenge colours. Then I inked up the vines on the flower stamp with my Mellow Moss marker and my Garden Green marker. I love that these markers can be used directly onto the stamp.Then I huffed and puffed on my flower stamp and pressed onto the Whisper White Paper. I wanted the flower to droop down to the sentiment. The sentiment is from a new Clear set called "Well Scripted". This is such a pretty word set...it stamps well. The sentiment also fits beautifully into the oval punches!!! I was so excited about that!I wanted to challenge mysef to make something different from the regular card and so I did an easel card. I found it quite simple to make and wanted to keep the card CAS. Here is a picture of the side of the card. The card folds flat and fits in a regular envelope.

Here is the finished card! I did it!! I made my first easel card!
Have a great day! Hope you all get to stamp. Thank you for stopping by my corner of the blogging world.

Lesley :)

5 comments:

  1. oh so very pretty!! I have not made one of these easel card yet but you have truly inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO Leslie, this easel card is beautiful! Your stamped image looks so very pretty, I like how you used your marker for a nice, soft, watercolor look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Leslie GORGEOUS job with these colors...love love your easel!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for January 16th. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, this is GORGEOUS! You did an awesome job with these colors---and obviously I am not the only one who likes this! Congrats on the Late Night Stampers thing too! I am so happy to see that becoming a demo is bringing out even more creativity in you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)