Monday, September 23, 2013

The Shabby Tea Room Challenges {How About THEM Apples!}

It is time for the brand new challenge over at the Shabby Tea Room!!! 
Apples, Apples, Apples!!!


Recently I needed a "man" gift box and card set....did I have one? NOPE!! LOL! I love creating masculine cards and I think one misconception is that a "man" card needs to have deer heads or trees on it. In my humble opinion, I think the card should reflect both the reason for the card and the sender. In this case, I do have some male teaching colleagues and when I saw this week's challenge at the Shabby Tea Room and the awesome inspiration photo above, I knew a "man" gift set was in order!!!



So I went to work, using the colours and the "feel" of the photo to create a simple man set. The apple image is from the Paper Sweeties set called So Sweet of You for the sentiment and Stand Add On 2 for the bushel of Apples.I coloured the apples with my Copics and used a bit of twine to add some texture to my simple card and gift box.

{Supplies Used}
Stamps: So Sweet of You and Stand Add On 2 {Paper Sweeties)
Inks: Memento Black and Copics
Papers: My Mind's Eye, Kraft, White
Extras: Twine and Gift Box

Come and join us at the Shabby Tearoom!!! You do not need to be shabby to play along!!! Just come on over and have some fun...how about them apples!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, the apple basket and the jute are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!!! Perfect gift set for any teacher. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley! I love this simple but warm and inviting card and gift box!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)