Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sketch #1 {Seize the Sketch}


Today is the day!!! We are so excited to launch Seize the Sketch. Although I am the creator of Seize the Sketch, I am just going to be designing for this challenge! The team will be sharing the sketch design duties, the posting duties and taking care of things behind the scenes! I feel so happy about this and I looking forward to "just" designing!!! Thank you, ladies. I am actually going to be slowing down on the challenge front...more on that later.


We are so thrilled to start this new challenge blog!  We hope that the sketches inspire you! Today, our very first sketch is designed by the sweet, Amy Tsuruta!!! 

Let's get started! Here's Amy's awesome sketch!




I just loved this sketch and went to work, using an adorable coffee set from our sponsor Fresh Squeezed Stamps. I stamped the image in Memento black ink and coloured it with Copics. Then I added a little Bazzill paper flower to the cup, for dimension. The image is then layered onto a piece of Pool Party Paper and then affixed to a tag from Michael's. The paper is from Simple Stories.

The team has created such awesome samples to get you in the crafting mood! Come on and play along with my sketch this week! Remember ALL product is welcome!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

My colour inspiration comes from the Curtain Colour Inspiration Challenge and I am linking this to the Simon Says Anything Goes Challenge.

22 comments:

  1. Love your card Lesley and that first sketch is a great one. Hope to have time to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Lesley, I am so glad you will be designing for this challenge. You always inspire me and I love to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Lesley! Glad to hear that you can just design. Don't know how you do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, Lesley!!! Glad you will be designing for Seize the Sketch - awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, I love the fun image and wonderful colours
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used the large tag and the sketch. Fabulous colours too :) Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is FANTASTIC! LOVE every bit of this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lurve what you did with this sketch Leslie, so fabulous! It is perfect for the other challenges too. The bright colors are so fun and cheery!

    BTW- you should add buzzfeed- blogger feed (I do bloglovin and have you on there but the other feeds right into my blog so easier to follow)- just an idea cause I love your stuff!

    PPS- you and Amy T. have the same birthday- woot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tag card...and I can not wait to play along with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little flower wrap and great colors too. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super cute card!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Curtain Call!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous card...love that sweet cup of coffee/tea, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Leo blog buddy!!! Hope you make it a year to remember!! :) :) :)
    ~~Nicole~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your new challenge site.......wonderful team! Love this card - so bright and friendly......like you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a peaceful day!
    A little birthday shout out too!
    http://scrapperatheart.com/2013/08/08/a-happy-birthday-shout-out/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Lesley, I love the fun colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, fresh-looking card, and I love the tag. Good luck witht the new project. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is amazing, Lesley! love the diagonally placed washi tape! thanks for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute card. love that coffee image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)