Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Shabby Tea Room and Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

The days are zooming by! Only one week left of my summer holiday! This weekend, I will be heading into work on my classroom to be ready for my class on Wednesday. So happy!! With the arrival of school and Fall comes my need to craft!! I am so excited to get back into routine and work...call me crazy but I crave Fall weather, clothing and cooking!


The Shabby Tea Room has a fun inspiration photo...one that we must use the colours and the "tea" theme from! Well, I do not have many "tea" themed sets but I did remember I had a brand new set from Fresh Squeezed Stamps! So I went to work!

   

Then I found a quick and easy sketch that I LOVED and thought it would work perfectly for my card and teacup image! Score! The sketch comes from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. 


Here is my clean card with a bright, pink flower!!! I am not sure if I love it but I had fun making it and it is another card for my stash!!! 

{Supplies Used}
Inks: Copics, Black Memento
Papers: My Mind's Eye, Vanilla, Pink, Kraft
Extras: Flower Punch, Pearls, Corner rounder, Square Punch, Honeycomb Embossing folder


Before I go, I wanted to share a photo of my sweet "Penney". She has been with us for one week already and I am absolutely in love with this sweet girl!!! She actually helped me to make this card! She is my new "crafting buddy". 

14 comments:

  1. Love your card, including the pink flower for just the right amount of umph. Your new crafting buddy looks adorable. We have been babysitting an all white male kitten for the last two weeks. At night he would stay with our neighbour/friend but when she was away at work, he would be allowed to play in our 'enchanted garden' and be told off by some of our own 5 cats. He is now well on his way to the UK to his new loving home, where he will be an indoor cat. That's all for the best, since he is deaf, but we sure do miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Lesley, the banners and bloom are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Lesley, the hexie background is fantastic! Penny has the prettiest markings. There is something to be said for the first week back to teaching--fresh attitude by everyone. Wishing you a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sweet crafting buddy!
    Awesome card...love that teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flower and the whole card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leslie. Love your card ... so soft and pretty with the colors from the inspiration photo.

    I'm with you ... I am so looking forward to Fall ... the cool weather, the leaves turning beautiful colors - all good!

    Nice to have a stamping buddy ... looks like Penney wants to be right in the thick of things on your table :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card, Lesley! I'm so delighted that your Happy Season is fast approaching and that you've found a very unique and beautiful crafting buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sweet card. Such a pretty flower and love the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your craftsmanship is awesome! I just love your attentions to the details! Thanks for leaving me such SWEET comment today, Lesley! Hope the new school term is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Lesley, another totally gorgeous card. Every detail is perfect.
    Congrats on your last win.
    Just adore Penney! You will love having her around.
    I have a 14 year old torty named Pinty who is my crafting buddy. She totally brightens each day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley, it is adorable! The embossed paper and little teacup look great and the sentiment is lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at The Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a sweet and feminine card! Looks like Penney is going to be a good partner in card making!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! What a beauty Penney is! Calico cats are wonderful and extremely devoted. I'm sure you've found a card making buddy for life! Hugs to you and Penney!














    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely precious, Lesley...the card and the cat! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)