Monday, August 5, 2013

Merry Monday #69 {Meet Gloria Stengel}


Please note that we will be announcing our winners from our Month long Anything Goes Challenge, later on this week.


Welcome to a brand new challenge for Merry Monday! This week we are back with our weekly sketches! Thank you to everyone who played along with our Anything Goes Christmas Challenge last month!!! Welcome to Fabiola as this week's Guest Designer!! I am also excited to welcome Gloria Stengel as our Featured Designer this month! I asked Gloria to share a bit about herself. 


My name is Gloria Stengel and I am thrilled to be the August Guest Designer for Merry Monday! I love sketches!

I an an eastern USA transplant now living in Oceanside, CA. I’ve been a CA resident since March 2005, after living in five other states. My husband Matt and I have three children, Nathan (21), Laura (17), and Jonah (12). I am a homeschool mom, however my oldest son and my daughter have both graduated and now attend college full-time. I can see the light at the end of the homeschooling tunnel.

I have been hooked on paper crafts all of my life. I have always loved to color, play with paper dolls, and create "projects"! In 1990, I discovered rubber stamping and in 1996, I stumbled across "modern" scrapbooking. I love all aspects of paper crafting: card making, scrapbooking, mini albums, altered art, up-cycling, you name it! I am happiest when I am making a mess! It's the cleaning up part that I don't care for!

I have been on a number of design teams over the past few years, including three terms with Graphic 45, my favorite paper manufacturer! I accept various guest design spots and work with online stores from time to time. I also write blog articles for Crafts 'n things Magazine, which allows me to share tutorials, favorite products, and advice on paper crafting. The design teams I work with are very diverse, which is an amazing thing for me considering that I love all sorts of art mediums. My newest project is designing my own stamps! Since my first stamps are Christmas stamps, I get to share them with Merry Monday readers FIRST!

I have also been published in several magazines. Plus I have a blog, a Facebook Fan Page, and a YouTube channel in order to share my creative work. Please visit my blog, Scraps of Life.


Gloria Stengel (Featured Designer)

5 comments:

  1. Love love love this sketch and the DT creations! Looking forward to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Gloria! Great DT inspiration cards and wonderful sketch!

    Happy Birthday, Lesley, and many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards ladies...big shout out to Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic cards ladies and woot woot for Gloria :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards everyone. I have just loaded my card I made today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)