Monday, April 8, 2013

Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge #57 {Believe in the Magic}

Welcome to my weekly Christmas card Challenge called "Merry Monday"! Each week, I post a challenge to inspire you to create a Christmas card for your Christmas card stash! We are going back to sketches from now on, so here is this week's Sketch!



This week I decided to flip my sketch on the side and went with some traditional Christmas colours. I used the mustache die from Memory Box to create a Santa feel to my card and then I inked up a Christmas set from My Favorite Things. To give this card a more modern feel, I dry embossed the middle white section with a chevron folder, and added a tag for my sentiment.

{Supplies Used}
Stamps: My Favorite Things
Inks: Memento Basic Black
Papers: Black, White, Red and Tag
Extras: Mustache Die Memory Box, Black Baker's Twine, Big Shot, Embossing folder

Welcome to our Guest Designer this week Lisa Johansen!! She won our challenge a couple of weeks ago! Would you like to be a Guest Designer? Be sure to play along, as our weekly winner is our next Guest Designer!

LeAnne PuglieseBonnie KlassNina Forsyth
Wendy AungstVicki BurdickSue Joyce

Sherry Eckblad
Narelle Farrugia
Lisa ~ Snowy Moose CreationsMargaret MoodyAllisa Chilton

20 comments:

  1. Lesley, I love your 'stache card! so much fun!

    Great job ladies...so much fab inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch and I love all the DT's creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! That mustache looks like a must have to me. Great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card cracks me up! SO fun & bold!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Beautiful cards, everyone. Lesley, I love that mustache!! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, love the use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your whimsical, adorable card this week, Lesley!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, who would have thought to make a white mustache and make it Santa? Only a genius - YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards by all the DT!! I just have to say I'm sorry to hear you're going back to only sketch challenges from now on - I really enjoyed the theme and tic tac toe challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderfully creative, Lesley! Great sketch and great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. another great sketch Lesley...allows me to work with some more pattern paper too! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute, Lesley! Love the great sketch and fun mustache!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous! Love how you flipped the sketch to fit your tag and senitment (which by the way, is another great sketch!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lesley, what a fun card and a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that mustache, Lesley!!! So fun!!! Great looking sketch! I do hope to play along this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at that mustache...too cute and fun.
    All the DT cards are fabulous and I'm so glad to be playing for the first time. I hope I can find time to keep it going so I won't be in a crunch come Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous fun card Lesley, I love the great sentiment and wonderful 'stash' :).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Lesley and lovely cards by the design team. I made two cards today to the sketch and have just added to linky.
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun card, Lesley! Love the sentiment and the mustache embellishment! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)