Saturday, April 2, 2011

What a Hoot!!!

Tonight when I got home from work, I suited up Rolley the Rocket Dog and out we went for a walk.  It was a beautiful late afternoon, fresh and cool because of the rain we had all day.  While we were walking, I was thinking about the challenges I had seen on the blog today and what I would do with those challenges.  Well wasn't I shocked when VERY close to my head, an Owl hooted!  I was going through the forest by our home and completely lost in thought, when an Owl in the tree above me hooted...really loudly!! I have to admit I jumped a little!  Another Owl answered the call and I was amazed to be caught in the middle of this beautiful serenade.  Even Rolley the Rocket Dog seemed awestruck by the sound and the vision of the Owl in the tree above us...looking down at us!!  It was very cool...all my students know, I love Owls and think they are amazing creatures!!!

Sorry...I just had to share!  I sure wish I had my camera!!


Tonight I played with the Colour Challenge over at Inkspirations.  I have been trying to play along with them for a while and tonight I was inspired not only by the Colours but by some new rubber that arrived!! I inked up a set that won't be available until May called Strength & Hope.  It is a set that is for Breast Cancer Awareness and partial proceeds go toward cancer research.

So here is my card:


It is pretty plain and simple, not really what I envisioned but adding more to it make the card seem too heavy?  I stamped the butterfly in More Mustard and did the Rock and Roll technique, where I rolled it in Poppy Parade Ink.  The Cajun Craze base is embossed with the Tulip Embossing Folder and then using a sponge dauber, I inked up the raised edges in Cajun Craze.

Thanks for stopping by!! 
Click here to shop 24/7!

7 comments:

  1. Those butterflies look gorgeous Lesley - great card!
    Your walk sounds pretty magical too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, Lesley! thanks for playing at Inkspirations!!!

    I don't know that I've ever heard an owl ... I think it'd freak me out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There must be a lot of rock and roll in the air, because I keep seeing it lately! It looks terrific on the butterflies. Although, after your story I thought for sure I was going to scroll down and see an owl on that card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant! What a lovely card for such a pretty color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your butterflies look gorgeous in this colour combo Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those butterflies were a perfect fit to our colour combo challenge! I really like what you've done with it. I hope you keep playing along with us in the future!

    TFS!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those butterflies are stunning! WOW and to have heard an owl must have been sooooo wonderful!!! I love this card it's really amazing how great these colours work!
    SMIles SHArnee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)