Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Mashup #2-Sketch and Colour

Friday is here!  That means a brand new challenge for the Friday Mashup!!  The Friday Mashup has a great challenge for you this week!  There is a cool, versatile sketch from Kathy and some awesome colours from Holly. 
Remember, with the Friday Mashup challenge, we encourage you to play with one or both of the challenges listed each week! 

This week you could:
  1. Use the colours-Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake
  2. Use the sketch
  3. Or use both the colours and the sketch together, like I did and Mash it up!
Here is my card!  Can you see the technique I tried?  I decided to try watercolouring for the first time!  I actually purchased the Watercolour Paper from the SU! catalogue and I love it!  I couldn't believe the difference using that paper.  I also used my markers and an Aqua Painter.  The ladies in my Card Club will be learning how to watercolour with me in May!  I am so excited!


I hope you get the chance to head on over to the Friday Mashup and join us for our fun challenge this week!  I am looking forward to seeing what you create!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Click here to shop 24/7!
All supplies are Stampin' Up:
Stamps: Friends 24-7, Friendly Words Wheel, Thoughts and Prayers
Inks: Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake
Paper: Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Watercolour Paper
Tools: Aqua Painter, Markers, Victoria Lace Ribbon, Vanilla Rosettes, Scallop Edge Punch, Decorative Label Die

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Lesley! Way to use the challenge colors and sketch! Hopefully I will get a chance to play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley,I LOVE your card!! Your water coloring looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring and a beautiful card Lesley! Really like that sketch too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, I love the wheeled background on your card, provides intereste without overpowering the card. Lovely card. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful watercoloring Lesley! I love the sentiment and label on the side--such a unique detail. Great colors and layout! Congrats again on the mashup DT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your watercoloring is so soft and pretty.. I really like the rosette in the center... I bet your ladies will love watercoloring..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love that background text stamp you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! The crocheted lace adds the perfect amount of elegance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment on my card. I love the crochet trim I have been adding it to a ton of cards lately. This card is so great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)