Sunday, April 3, 2011

Paper Players Challenge #41 ~ Recycling Theme


Hooray!!  It is Sunday!!!  Today we have a brand new Theme Challenge at the Paper Players!  LeAnne is our hostess this week and she is challenging us to Recycle!  Yikes!  I really had to put my thinking cap on for this challenge. 

I looked all over my house for something to recycle or repurpose...and then I found it...an old notebook in a bin downstairs in my craft room. The outside of it was all beat up but the paper inside was still good. 


I quickly decided to use the "Sweet Stitches" designer paper from the Occasions Mini.  I've had this paper for weeks now and have never used it!!  Well I picked out this pretty, feminine paper from the pack and went to work!  I also played with a new stamp set called "Four Frames".  This set is not in any book yet!  It is a promotion for this month!!!  I will be chatting more about the promotion in coming posts!  I inked up the new stamp in Rose Red and stamped it on Vanilla Paper.  Then I punched out the image with the "Decorative Label Punch" which goes with this new stamp set!!  I also added a Iittle flower and a glimmer brad, to make it extra special because I decided I will use it for a sketch book...that is why I called it "Happiness". I love sketching card ideas!!!

 

I wish you could see the book in real life...the photo does not do it justice, I just could not get a good shot of it today!  I hope you like my project and join us this week at the Paper Players.  The design team has come up with some amazing projects!  I also hope you get a chance to check them out by visiting the Paper Players Challenge Blog and of course, you can check out the project of our April Guest Designer Jen from I Create.  
 

As always, if you have any questions, please let me know!  I would love to hear from you!  Enjoy your Sunday!  You know, I really think this would be a darling project for my class to do.  We could make little books for Mother's Day!  I am so happy we are doing this Recycling Challenge, it was fun to make something different!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Click here to shop 24/7!
All supplies are Stampin' Up:
Stamps: Four Frames, Fabulous Phrases
Inks: Rose Red
Paper: Sweet Stitches, Pretty in Pink
Tools: Eyelet Border Punch, Decorative Label Die, Floral Sizzix Die, Big Shot, Glimmer Brad

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea Lesley and sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favorite paper out of this series....it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Lesley! I love how you brought the notebook back to life, in style! That paper is one of my favorite prints from the pack, too. I can't wait to get that Four Frames set, which is such a fun accent. This will be a perfect sketch book for all of your fabulous creations! Have a great day today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever, Lesley! You have inspired me to recover some of my not-so-pretty notebooks I have! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing how many things we have hanging around that house that can be prettied up and put to good use?!? I've got a sketch book that I keep in my purse (just in case) but it's not nearly as pretty as this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to feature that wonderful DSP and repurpose a useful item at the same time. How stylish it will look on your craft table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.... beat up notebook no more! What a fabulous transformation. I love your use of the four frames set on the front. Fabulous interpretation of the challenge.
    Hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fabulous idea. My husband is a teacher and at the end of the year always has these notebooks where students only used a few pages. Now I know a great way to use them! Love this paper on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)