Sunday, April 10, 2011

Paper Players Colour Challenge #42 ~ Happiness


Sunday is here and that means there is a new challenge at the Paper Players Challenge blog!  This week, Ann has given us some bright and cheery colours to work with!  I love these colours and hope you do too!  Just a warning...you made need sunglasses to view my card!!! LOL!


I decided to pull out and dust off my Daisies Die...I love this floral die for the Big Shot and don't know why I don't use it more often!  The main flower is cut out twice in the Poppy Parade colour and then fluffed up a bit on dimensionals.  Then I used my 3/4" circle punch for the So Saffron centre.  The centre circle is also stamped with Saffron Ink and the dots stamp from my "For All You Do" set.  I love gerber daisies...they make me happy!  So I used the "Happiness" sentiment from the "Fabulous Phrases" set.  In fact my bridesmaids all had burnt orange gerber daisies for their bouquet! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Come on over and play with the Paper Players!  I can't wait to see what you create with these colours!

Smiles,
Click here to shop 24/7!
All supplies are Stampin' Up:
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases, For All You Do
Inks: Poppy Parade, So Saffron
Paper: Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Baja Breeze and Whisper White
Tools: Big Shot, Daisies #2 Die, Dots Embossing Folder, So Saffron Ribbon

12 comments:

  1. Love your big bright flower. Gorgeous card Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very striking! Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Poppy Parade POPPY! Such a bright an cheery card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, I am laughing so hard right now because your comment completely has me singing an '80's song in my head right now..."I wear my sunglasses at night, sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can..." see your FABULOUS card!! I hope you have heard that song, way back when. Lol!

    This is awesome! Love that bold, bright gerber daisy! One of my favorite flowers, too. So pretty!! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!! I think I need to buy that die! AND try this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your big, bold daisy! You did a fabulous job with these colors! So bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gerber daisies make me happy, too. They are wonderfully happy flowers and you re-created them beautifully here! I love this bright, bold, summer-filled card!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bright and cheery for sure! I love that die too, but I haven't used it in quite a while. (Why does that seem to be a recurring theme amongst us stampers? It couldn't possibly be because we've got too much stuff, is it?????)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this big, bold, happy flower Lesley. Perfect use of this week's colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the big flower popping out at you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Bright and cheerful... I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)