Saturday, February 20, 2010

Colour Throwdown and Stampin' Royalty

This card was made for the current Colour Throwdown #80 to use Really Rust, Light Green and Burgundy. I am all out of Burgundy Paper and decided to use the ink to it's full advantage. My card measures 4 1/4"x4 1/4". I cut my Sage scalloped square to be 3 3/4"x3 3/4" and then used the corner scallop trim punch and the scallop trim border. Then the Rust mat is 3 1/4" squared and the Vanilla front is 3x3". I stamped the Upsy Daisy flower stamp in Burgundy first and lined it up with the Stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped over the image again with Really Rust ink. The sentiment is stamped in Burgundy. I tied a little piece of Sage 1/4" grosgrain ribbon to one of the scallops along the trim for added interest. I did the front square off centre, for visual interest. I thought the colours were perfect for a masculine card. The current Stampin' Royalty Challenge is to make a Masculine Card!! So I decided to double up on my challenges tonight!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley ;)

7 comments:

  1. This is just lovely! The mat is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Lesley! I wanted to do a technique club night and teach how to use the scallop trim border punch and corner punch together... this is a perfect sample! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampin' Royalty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work - thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty. Please come over and check out my blog candy this week www.stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY! I love the offset panel---and your punched edges. I haven't gotten that corner punch....not yet, anyway!!! So glad you were able to play with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love that punched border and your over-stamping! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nicely done! I love the colours too! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)