Saturday, January 30, 2016

Power Poppy Challenge {Just for You}

Tonight I wanted to play along with the month long challenge at Power Poppy. The challenge is called "Stretch Yourself" to create a Tall Card and to do something or use something new! Well, I decided to ink up a new Stampin' Up rose stamp that I recently purchased for the first time!


Using Ranger Archival Ink, I stamped the rose onto watercolour paper. Then I watercoloured the image with distress inks...using pink, red and green. Then I stamped some french script and ink spots from an old set called "Fall Foliage". I stamped the background and sponged the edges in River Rock. A simple. vellum butterfly with two rhinestones finishes it off!


My poor camera is without batteries and I didn't charge them this week...so I am using my phone to take the photos. A little darker than usual. I hope you don't mind!


Happy weekend! I hope you get the chance to get crafty!

8 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS, Lesley! I recently joined a SU club so I could meet some local card makers and I loved that sentiment when I saw it in the Sale-A-Bration flyer! Now you're making me want it even MORE lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Lesley, a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!!! You rocked that tall card challenge! I just got that sentiment! Now I can't wait to use it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Lesley, love the bold sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, Lesley! So striking, and I love the height and vellum butterfly! Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this TALL card! I have that sentiment and haven't used it. You inspired me to pull it out! Love the beautiful red rose! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tall design Leslie! The bold pop of red in the rose is so great! I love the script in the background. Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)