Monday, January 11, 2016

The Challenge #56 {A Colour Challenge}

Hello and Welcome to Week Two at The Challenge! Wow! Such a great week last week! Thank you to everyone who joined us and played along with the sketch! This week we have a colour combo for you and I really wanted something NON-Christmas! Ha! SO I went with a bright and happy colour combo to wake up my creativity! I hope it does the same for you!


Are you looking for last week's winner? Please CLICK HERE.

I am so happy because my pal, Laurel Seabrook is coming on board as a designer! I love Laurel's work and she lives an hour away from me! It is so great she agreed to join us!!! I asked Laurel to share a bit about herself!


Hi everyone, I am Laurel Seabrook and am so happy to be here on The Challenge Team.  I took a bit of a hiatus from crafting, only doing a few projects here and there and am looking forward to jumping back in!  I love to create anything with paper but tend to do mostly cards and I look at them as little pieces of art, so that the receiver can tuck them in somewhere on display should they choose.  My favourite cards to create are inspiration/just because ones so I am sure you will be seeing many of those!

Welcome, Laurel!!

For my card, I decided to keep things SIMPLE! That is my new card making motto this year! I used a new set from WPLUS9 called Watercolored Anemones Stamp Set and the Grateful Greetings Stamp Set. I used a sponge to apply the ink to the floral image and "huffed" it...



The design team have created some inspiration to get you in the crafting mood! Come and join us! Our weekly winner will be our next Guest Designer! So come and join the fun!

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lesley, love the soft water colour look. Fab DT cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun colours and your card is fabulous Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such a pretty color combo and a challenge. Love all the inspirations from the tram :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, your card is simply divine, just dripping with elegance and class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, this is so gorgeous! You rocked these colors! What did you use for your base card? I love it!!! Such a fabulous new stamp set, too! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, Lesley! Love your touch of orange flowers amidst lots of blues! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite color combo and the DT did an amazing job, all so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the DT's projects!!! And the color combo? one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this color combination--and your card! The bold orange flower really stands out against the pretty shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your beautiful "huffed" orange flowers and the big bold sentiment, Lesley! Fun color combo this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a soft, subtle, stunning technique with those blooms, Leslie! Just gorgeous! I had such fun with this palette!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Laurel, wow! All of the inspiration cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)