Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Card Concept {Just Because}


Today I am so excited to be Guest Designing for The Card Concept. I am filling in for the Shabby Chic category and I must admit...shabby chic does not come easily to me! Ha! I decided to start with a sketch and went to the MOJO Monday blog to pick up a fabby sketch that totally inspired me!


The trick with Shabby Chic is to use vintage items such as lace and found things...and I did use lace but it is hard to see. I used a Verve set called Floral Notes and stamped the images with Ranger waterproof ink onto watercolour paper. Then I coloured them with a water pen and some distress inks. I mixed an orange and brown ink together to make the orange more "rusty" feeling...it was fun! Then I stamp some french script and using a stencil, added some ink spots on the card. Everything was sponged with distress ink...I tried my best and I hope you like my card!


Later, I decided to remake it with just ivory for the background and got rid of the brown papers...is it better?



 

I wanted to capture the texture on the cake...I hope you can see how I was inspired. 
Stop by the Card Concept and play along with us! 

22 comments:

  1. Lesley, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the great color combination and the wonderful way you've blended them all together! Really wonderful!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to design out of your usual style but you pulled it off! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shabby chic card !!!!!!
    You did it !!!!!

    Ineke XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you rocked shabby chic! Love the touches of script and ink splotches and you can see the lace...nice touch. Also like the distress edges, need to do this myself more often as I have the tool but forget to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's gorgeous! You'd never know it wasn't your style, Lesley! Love that inky background and your beautifully colored poppies. You can't go wrong with either option... the cream mats seem a bit more true to the shabby chic style, but I think I personally like the brown a touch better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Lesley!! You totally rocked the shabby chic!! That background with the distress look is just stunning! You did a gorgeous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow I just love this Lesley!! The shabby, vintage feel is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lesley, your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love these stamps and your loose watercolor style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lesley, I love them both!!! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, you can create cards in any style and they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card; I do like the brown, but either way, I'm in love w/both; tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo! Love the distressing, Lesley! So pretty! And your layered butterfly is such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Lesley! A perfect shabby chic card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful shabby chic card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Lesley, very vintage & I love the gorgeous stamp set xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. FABULOUS shabby chic Lesley!! Scrumptious layers:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are a natural with Shabby Chic! Is there anything you can't do!!? I love both cards, but I think the one with the brown layers brings out the flowers more so I am tipping more towards your first card. Both are gorgeous though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Leslie! Gorgeous!!! Great job!
    Lilian DT teamie
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)