Thursday, March 11, 2010

Scallop Trim Border Punch Tutorial

A friend of mine asked me to put together a quick tutorial on how to use the Scallop Trim Border Punch and the coordinating Corner Punch. I am going to demonstrate one type of shape you can make with these punches. This is the square I usually work with.

Step One:
Cut your cardstock to make a 3 3/4" square. It should measure 3 3/4" on both sides. Then fit your square piece into the corner punch. Look at the arrows I have drawn, the cardstock edges MUST line up with the guide on the back of the corner punch.
Step 2:
Punch all four corners.


Step 3:
Place the piece with all four corners punched into the Scallop Border Punch. Line up the edge of the punched piece with the guide on the Scallop Trim Border Punch. See the bottom left hand corner of the picture, I am lining up the scallop I created with the corner punch with the guide from the scallop trim punch. Do this on all four side of your square, be careful to line up each corner with the guide.


Here is a close-up of the "lining" up place. (Ignore the arrow I have drawn...that was for the last step!!!)

The finished product should look like this:
Step 4: Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to layer your square. I cut mine at 3 1/8" squared.
I hope this helped. If you have any questions, please let me know. Another place to find out more about this punches is HERE on the Stampin' 411 Blog. Their blog is a perfect place for learning!
Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)