Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Cool Discovery!

There I was tonight, creating my card for the current Splitcoast Stamper's Sketch and Colour Challenge. I pulled out my favourite set, For All You Do. I love using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig with this set, so I can line up the flowers with the stems.

Well I decided to stamp my flower...
...and using the Stamp-a-ma-jig again, I stamped another flower on top of the flower I just stamped! Whoa! I am out of control here! LOL! And the effect was very cool...at least...I think it was!
When I stamped the flower in the ink and then stamped the first time, I then did not reink for the second layer to the flower, so it looked kinda wispy...(it does look wispy right?)...anyway, I LOVED the effect and decided to create my whole card using this technique... "The Lesley Overlay"! (Hehehe!)
There are lots of talented ladies out there who probably discovered this way before me...but I was so excited about my discovery, I just had to share!

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Lesley ;)

3 comments:

  1. That is a cool effect! I love it! TFS
    --Marion
    mardornan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley - fabulous! Isn't it a great feeling when something you try works out so well. I'm thinking we are going to see you use this a lot. I love the ribbon tied across the top, too.
    thanks for sharing your creativity and tips with us.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love this technique!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)