Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Extreme Elements

Oh wow! I played with the Extreme Elements Stamp set last night and I love how it stamps! It was fun using colours I rarely used and actually liking the outcome. I also tried some different folds and that was cool. This stamp set really calls for bright colours and so I used some Taken with Teal, Going Gray and Basic Black to highlight the surfer from the Extreme Surfboard Stamp. The Surfboard stamp is FREE with a $65 purchase from SU! Yes!! It is a Sale-A-Bration set. The Skateboarder is also FREE in the Sale-A-Bration Cattie. Sale-A-Bration ends March 30th!
My friend Glenda and I got together last night and stamped until midnight. It is frightening how much we think alike! It is funny, we always discuss our next order together and usually have the same items picked out. LOL! We love SU! and have been stamping together for the past couple of years!
So last night we decided to try some funky new folds and to try some colours we rarely use! It was awesome. This morning I was going to go back to her house to continue our "play" time but I felt a little flu like. I basically spent all day in bed, sleeping! I am just up now and feeling a bit better but still nauseated. I have a week off of work, I am on Spring Break and it is terrible that I have to be ill! I guess it is because I am winding down a bit and that is usually when we start to feel sick!
If you would like to know how we created these folds, I will be offering a Funky Fold Class soon. Probably near the end of the month.
Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley ;)

3 comments:

  1. Gee, these are cool, but sorry you don't feel well, especially on break! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW these are awesome Lesley just perfect for those teens......AWESOME girl!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley. Great cards! You've inspired me to get mine out, which has never been inky yet!!!
    I came upon your blog in a serendipitous way...I was checking out the comments on Sandi MacIver's recent cards, and read yours about Calgary Regionals....I was there, too! I made a point of "finding" Carole'Anne, because we had been emailing back and forth. Aren't these stamping connections we make neat??? I would have loved to meet you, too! I'll be looking for you the next time, since I'm not able to go to Conventions this year. Are you?
    Love your blog, you are very talented, too!
    Chris in Calgary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)