Thursday, December 8, 2011

Inspired by Stamping Sneak Peek Day 1 BLOG HOP {Flying by to say Hi!} and JUGS Sketch Challenge


Today is my very first Sneak Peek for the Inspired by Stamping Design Team. Yippee! I am so honoured to be on this talented team! Joanna Munster has a brand new stamping line called "Inspired by Stamping" and her stamps are amazing! If you are here, you have arrived from the blog of Kim Score. 


I was so excited to see that the first set we would be using is filled with Hot Air Balloons!  This set is called "The Sky's the Limit". The set has 15 stamps in it and will be released in Joanna's online store two days from now on Saturday, December 10th!  The BEST news is, she will be offering FREE SHIPPING on Saturday!!! Yahoo!

I inked up the balloons in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and stamped them directly onto my "Away We Go" designer paper from My Mind's Eye.  Then I stamped the balloons on to the cardstock and carefully cut them out, to paper piece each balloon.  The sentiment fit perfectly onto my MTF Label Tab and I used the Medium Scallop Edge dienamics from MFT to create the bottom scallops.


I used the terrific sketch from the JUGS Challenge site.  I loved the clean lines of it and thought it would be perfect for the balloons.  The Inspired by Stamping Design Team has some wonderful samples to share with you from today's Sneak Peek Blog Hop!  Be sure to visit them and leave them some comment love!  Be sure to visit Susie Moore on your next stop in the hop!

  
Thanks for stopping by!!!  Please join me again tomorrow for another "Sneak Peek" of this fabulous set!  I am so excited to share what I made!
{Supplies List}
Stamps: The Sky's the Limit (Inspired by Stamping)
Papers: MME-Away we Go, More Mustard (SU!), Really Rust (SU!), Very Vanilla (SU!), Black
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Tools/Extras: MFT Dienamics-Medium Scallop Edge, Label Dienamics, Big Shot, Button, Paper Snips

27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card !!! I love the summery vibe to it. Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and fantastic use of the stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley, this is awesome! You are certainly flying away with this card. Love it - the colors, the paper pieced balloons and that beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Lesley. Great card, great stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Lesley ... I am loving these balloons and how super is that sentiment .. love the background paper too!
    Congrats on the DT - your work is fabulous and I look forward to viewing the new product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley! What a wonderful card! These are beautiful balloons and a wonderful design! Congrats on your first DR post and I look forward to seeing lots of inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun and pretty card! I really like the papers you used!! Great layout as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the paper piecing!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. You created a gorgeous card with Joanna's new stamps! Love them both! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful. Don't you just love those balloons? I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card. Love the colours and designer paper you used, what a fun new stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done! Congrats on your opening number! The black sets your design off perfectly - great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that cloud paper is perfect for the balloons! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with your card! Love all the gorgeous details. That cloud paper is gorgeous with the balloons in the front! And how you displayed the sentiment! Wow!! Gorgeous Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Incredibly cute card!! I love the paper line you used, it works great with the stamps!! I love the tab that you used for the sentiment!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Lesley! This is so adorable! I love how you paper pieced the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card - so clean and peaceful!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOW completely darling is THIS card, Lesley! GOODNESS, gracious - positively flawless work! I'm inspired, all over again, by your wonderful use of the Just Us Girls sketch - YEOWZA! Thanks for sharing THIS card and your lovely talent with US! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lesley, the colors on this card are fabulous! You really did a great job of combining both challenges. What a great card for your inaugural reveal as part of the team! You are awesome.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! You have a great eye for design. I just love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh that DSP is so gorgeous! Love this layout and your take on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these great balloons and your card design

    ReplyDelete
  23. SWEET balloons! Love your card! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)